Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooking up a 57-58 type tech question 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooking up a 57-58 type tech question 2.

I previously inquired about how to hook up the wireing on these tacs. JDP provided the answer.
    I gave the answer to my friend who can't use a computer.
    He wired it up correctly.

He is using a Delco distributor that does not have a retainer spring
    set up from the factory to use the tach sending unit.

Anyone knows where the correct retainer springs for these tachs can be obtained from?

He had two that were supposed to be connected to the original by slipping them over the original retainer to extend it.

He had a lot of trouble trying to clip it to the distributor cap and finally broke one.
    He was trying to do this with the front fenders and the hood removed.
    I can't see how he could work on this with the car put together if he has that much trouble with it when they are easily accessable.
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    Paul
    pszikszai@aol.com

The clip extenders look almost exactly like the ones that are screwed to the distributor. The just hook on to the distributor clips and are held in by a cotter key.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by pszikszai

I previously inquired about how to hook up the wireing on these tacs. JDP provided the answer.
      I gave the answer to my friend who can't use a computer.
      He wired it up correctly. He is using a Delco distributor that does not have a retainer spring set up from the factory to use the tach sending unit. Anyone knows where the correct retainer springs for these tachs can be obtained from? He had two that were supposed to be connected to the original by slipping them over the original retainer to extend it.

He had a lot of trouble trying to clip it to the distributor cap and finally broke one.
      He was trying to do this with the front fenders and the hood removed.
      I can't see how he could work on this with the car put together if he has that much trouble with it when they are easily accessable.
      Please advise.
      Thanks
      Paul
      pszikszai@aol.com

Comment

Thank you both for the advice.
        I will pass it on to my friend.
        Paul

Comment

Working...
        X