engine stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine stamp

A friend asked me Sat. about a 67 283 SBC power pack engine he had purchased with a stamp on the heads Studebaker- Chevrolet, would this have been a left over from the 66 model? Mac.

That sounds like something a Rebuilder would do, certainly NOT McKinnon Motors LTD Canada.

This is just a Ink Rubber Stamp, Not cast or impression Stamped right?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

as far as I know, all 283 engines in Studebakers were 2bbl equipped, and thus the common term`power pack`could not be applied because all power pack engines were 4bbl equipped. Generally, power pack engines, according to folklore, all had the triangle or pyramid markings cast into the front of the head. cheers, junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

SASCO used to have a number of brand new Rochester 4bbls with Stude part numbers (and other parts) to effect a power pack offering for Chevy-Bakers. But they quit building Studes before they were officially offered.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          SASCO used to have a number of brand new Rochester 4bbls with Stude part numbers (and other parts) to effect a power pack offering for Chevy-Bakers. But they quit building Studes before they were officially offered.

do you know what happened to the stock, was it used on the 327`s installed in N&A produced Avantis? Did the stock include the power pack heads, and cams? Did SASCO ever have in stock any exhaust parts like headpipes that would allow the use of factory dual exhaust systems? A factory-style 65 or 66 2dr sedan with a full-tilt 283 and 4spd with dual exhausts would have been really cool, something like an L79 chevybaker. thanks, junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
          X