Vanity drawer 1964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Vanity drawer 1964

Is there a way to release the vanity drawer slides, so the drawer can be removed from the main box?

There should be some small screws in the front of the drawer that are the stops for the slides. Remove them, and the tray slides right out.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      There should be some small screws in the front of the drawer that are the stops for the slides. Remove them, and the tray slides right out.
      No screws that I can see

Comment

No screws used anywhere on this vanity, nothing but rivets and spot welds. I had to bend tabs on rear end of slides to allow it to pass stops. These slides are similar to ones that used to be used on tool box drawers, where you used a feeler gauge to press down stops. You can see the stops through small holes. I tried to depress them but could not get it down enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rbigcal View Post
          Is there a way to release the vanity drawer slides, so the drawer can be removed from the main box?
          As I remember, there are three screws holding the entire vanity in place. Remove the vanity and modify the slide stops where you can see what you're doing.
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
            As I remember, there are three screws holding the entire vanity in place. Remove the vanity and modify the slide stops where you can see what you're doing.
            I'm doing a complete resto on this car and just put the dash back in. The vanity was taken out many months ago. It had rust issues like most everything else on the interior. I got it apart by bending the stop tabs in the back. Already have it bead blasted and epoxy primer applied. Had to remove small rivets holding mirror and mirror support springs.

Comment

Working...
            X