Stolen Studebaker in CT Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Studebaker in CT Alert

A buddy's 1959 2dr Lark sedan was stolen right out of his driveway overnight on May 25th in Berlin CT. It's white over black. If you happen to see it, please send me a pm.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Sorry to hear about the Lark. That story coupled with the recent theft of that beautiful 58 Rambler makes me nervous.
    Some one overseas must have developed a pentchant for American
    independent automobiles! I'm putting a hidden ignition cut off switch in my Studebaker and Packard.
    Last edited by 57pack; 05-30-2014, 07:12 PM.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I live in Pawling NY, and used to deliver to Berlin Ct, from what I have seen of the town it was a nice place. I will tell some non stude friends to keep there eyes open.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
        Sorry to hear about the Lark. That story coupled with the recent theft of that beautiful 58 Rambler makes me nervous.
        Some one overseas must have developed a pentchant for American
        independent automobiles! I'm putting a hidden ignition cut off switch in my Studebaker and Packard.
        These cars are usually taken with a roll back or tow truck. They don't care about ignition until they get it back to their shop. Joy riders are the ones that want to start a car and drive it away. A secure garage is the best theft deterrant.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X