suitable carburetors for supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: suitable carburetors for supercharger

I would like to hook up a McCulloch Supercharger in my '55 Speedster and would like to avoid a pressurized box. I'm looking for input/tips on sealing/modifying carburetors so I can simply attach a bonnet.
    Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
    ______

'51 Muntz Jet
    '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
    '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
    '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
    '56 Corvette SR replica

There may still be some info on the VS-57 website pertaining to sealing and re-jetting your Speedster's original Carter WCFB. You could also use a sealed Carter AFB (as per R2 Avanti), which would work well with the setup you describe. The scroll housing of the supercharger would need to be 'clocked' for best fit. Different style air caps (or bonnets) are available.
    Attached Files

Comment

You need a bonnet and carb from an R2 Hawk. Fits like a glove.. Don't forget the distributor advance curve..
      64 GT Hawk (K7)
      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Actually the manifold will have to be modified to run an AFB on a WCFB manifold. Adapters or some heavy duty die grinding.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Lot's of people use the Quick Fuel carb for blow through applications. There is much more technical and support form the manufacturer than from Edelbrock. (just sayin)
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I believe Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker is making carb bonnets that will allow you to use an Edelbrock with the conventional R2 setup.

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
              Lot's of people use the Quick Fuel carb for blow through applications. There is much more technical and support form the manufacturer than from Edelbrock. (just sayin)
              Agree, QF makes some of the best blow-thru carbs. Unfortunately, most CASOs choke when they learn the QF is 3X to 4X the price of an Edelbrock.

jack vines
              PackardV8

Comment

I added a McCulloch supercharger to my Speedster eighteen years ago. (with excellent results) PM me if you need any info on this.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X