1941 M-5 with Deluxe Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 M-5 with Deluxe Trim

For the love of Studebaker! Someone needs to save this from being turned into a rod. There can't be too many of these with the deluxe chrome trim out there which would further validate the need for a stock restoration. If it were closer, I would buy just for that. I suppose a quick look at the S/N would verify this as a true deluxe trim truck.

1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

For a Virginia M truck owner I made a couple of those stainless grill pieces and a door trim to replace his missing ones.
    Just sayin' it can be done, if you find the right guy. He probably will need a couple of the existing pieces to match up to.
    sigpic
    Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
      For a Virginia M truck owner I made a couple of those stainless grill pieces and a door trim to replace his missing ones.
      Just sayin' it can be done, if you find the right guy. He probably will need a couple of the existing pieces to match up to.
      You know, I thought someone out had done this before, but wasn't sure if the pieces were available in existing reproduction form to be bought. I always thought the extra chrome on the grill made the M-5 a sharp looking truck, almost as much or even more than the Chevy counterpart (dare I say) of that time period.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5
      1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
      1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
      1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by 61LaRk4dr View Post
        You know, I thought someone out had done this before, but wasn't sure if the pieces were available in existing reproduction form to be bought. I always thought the extra chrome on the grill made the M-5 a sharp looking truck, almost as much or even more than the Chevy counterpart (dare I say) of that time period.
        I don't think repro pieces can be bought. They will probably need to be hand made.
        Making a couple pieces to fill in is possible.
        Those damaged pieces are easy to restore to original shape.
        The center strip of the grill is the hardest to reshape when it is damaged (bent) and that piece is common to all M's.
        I have a couple center strips that I will probably never work on.
        Last edited by Lark Parker; 05-27-2014, 04:18 PM.
        sigpic
        Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Sad thing is..... If it gets hot rodded, the deluxe trim pieces will be the first placed in the scap pile.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I looked at it last friday, the serial # M5-13 654, the cab # M5 C2 521. The dash has only the instrument cluster, no radio, even the inside clove box was gone. Pasenger floor needs replacing as well as both bottom cab corners. Just the seat spings which need work.
            The engine looked OK but would probable need overhaul. Only worth maybe $1,000.

Comment

Working...
            X