Pretty Lark convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Lark convertible

Saw this one at the Londonderry, NH Rotary Memorial Day Car Show.
    David Daoust
    Stratham, NH
    '64 Daytona convertible

Looks like the sister or maybe the brother to the 61 I just picked up last week. this car is for sale also.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Two more fine examples of the exclusive 1961 Lark!

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
        Looks like the sister or maybe the brother to the 61 I just picked up last week. this car is for sale also.

[URL]
        Bob P. - That car looks like my red 1961 Lark VIII Skytop hardtop, except without the Skytop.
        Please send me information on the car, including price (even though it is across the country), to me. You can send it to studegary at AOL dot com if you are not ready to post the information here.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looking at the photo of the convertible in the 1st post; Does it look like it has an extension between the back bumper and the body? Continental kit or optical illusion. I don't see the top of the continental tire but perhaps the angle of the picture doesn't allow you to see it above the lowered top. OR...is something on the ground behind the car that the picture angle is fooling my eyes?

Comment

Good eye.....it did indeed have a continental kit on the back.

Originally posted by rknight89 View Post
            Looking at the photo of the convertible in the 1st post; Does it look like it has an extension between the back bumper and the body? Continental kit or optical illusion. I don't see the top of the continental tire but perhaps the angle of the picture doesn't allow you to see it above the lowered top. OR...is something on the ground behind the car that the picture angle is fooling my eyes?
            David Daoust
            Stratham, NH
            '64 Daytona convertible

Comment

Another pretty 61 Lark getting her top on..

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                Another pretty 61 Lark getting her top on..

That is simply beautiful!!! Perhaps I'm a little jaded, but I think the '61 is the best looking of the early Larks. Nicest interior and dashboard and the 4 headlight set up is the best. I'm sure I'll get beat up for this comment. Just my biased opinion.

Comment

No need to apologize for liking any year Lark more than the other. It's amazing Studebaker pulled off such differentiation between the model years on such a shoestring budget. When my wife told me she wanted a Lark Convertible 25 years ago after reading through some of my books and magazines, she told me it should be yellow and it had to be one of the "Stubby" ones. I spent the first ten years we were together showing her pictures of convertibles for sale. She despised the 64's (my favorite). She told me 62 and 63's weren't "Stubby". I showed her a picture of a '61 with dual headlights and she also said it wasn't "Stubby". I finally figured out she basically would only want a 60. Interesting, because I like them all. But it just shows how much differentiation Studebaker accomplished through the progression.

Comment

Working...
                  X