Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I route the back up light switch wiring harness for a 64 Lark HT with 4 speed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Where do I route the back up light switch wiring harness for a 64 Lark HT with 4 speed ?

I have a 64 Lark hardtop with the 4 speed transmission. The wiring harness goes between the back up light switch on the shifter to a location under the dash (somewhere).

Does the harness enter the cabin by passing under the fiberglass shifter piece and run under the carpet to under the dash or does it route under the car further forward and come inside some other way?

Thanks in advance. Jeff

Bump to the top to see if the answer is out there. Thanks

Comment

There is a kit available from Lokar that will work on your Hurst shifter. Good quality product line.
      Hope this helps,
      Kim

Comment

Thanks Kim, but my question was where does the backup light switch wiring enter the cabin? Through the tunnel or through the firewall somewhere?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Thought I would bump this to see if anyone has an idea.

Comment

From the responses you've gathered, I'd say it is your option. The wire will not be apparent anywhere, so it won't affect judging, should you want to go that route.

Comment

Jeff, I am grandchild babysitting right now, away from home, and cannot go check my own 1964 Daytona hardtop with factory four speed and back-up lights, and I'm sorry I hadn't checked this earlier.

However, I'll bet you a beer at Dover that it is routed through the firewall and does not go between the fiberglass tunnel cover and the car's floor. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you Tom and Bob. I appreciate you taking a quick look Bob when/if you have a chance. I'll probably install this item tomorrow (Sunday). Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                  Thank you Tom and Bob. I appreciate you taking a quick look Bob when/if you have a chance. I'll probably install this item tomorrow (Sunday). Jeff
                  OK, Jeff; I'll try to remember to check when I get home. That car is buried the deepest of all in the Morton Building, but I'll see what I can see and post. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, I actually have a couple more questions that you could help answer if you make your way back to the 64 HT. Can I email those to you? I'm already up to two beers at Dover. Jeff

Comment

Rob (stude1964) can probably help out as well - he completely rebuilt the '64 HT below short of pulling the body off the frame...

Comment

Jeff: I just got home and tried to look at my car, but it is buried too deep to inspect the back-up light switch routing. It would take a good two hours of moving things around to find out what I need to know, so I will tentatively say the wiring will enter the car's interior through the firewall bulkhead, not through a hole aside the transmission hump. BP

Comment

Is it true that Palma is buying in Dover???

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                            Bob, I actually have a couple more questions that you could help answer if you make your way back to the 64 HT. Can I email those to you? I'm already up to two beers at Dover. Jeff
                            'Got 'em and answered yesterday, Jeff. BP

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                              Is it true that Palma is buying in Dover???
                              Buying what? BP

Comment

Working...
                              X