Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's gonna tell him??

John

Great thread title. We see this all the time. Just yesterday, I saw an add for a 1950 Studebaker Commander Starlight Coupe. (Greenwood, S.C.) Actually, it was a 1951 Champion with a Commander emblem stuck where the Champion emblem should be. Everything else, including engine and interior, gauges, etc. was "Champion." The "Kicker" is the fact that it is a two door sedan, not a coupe. On the plus side, it looks like most of the engine is there and the driveline includes an overdrive. An "iffy" restorable car but lots of good parts.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Somebody will but he'll be stuck with that car for a long time at his asking price...regardless of his faulty description.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

It HAS been "modified for racing". I think it's those headlights!

John

Comment

"No rust"........except for the rusty spots.

Comment

So no one has noticed the Thunderbird bumper yet?
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
              So no one has noticed the Thunderbird bumper yet?
              Probably, 'cept nobody wanted to acknowledge that two fine cars were ruined in the process.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Yall do know it has a complete "correct" R4 and 4 speed, Right?

Comment

By the fender emblems, looks like it had a Ford engine in it - maybe a FE big block? Hmmm......how about a 427 medium riser with 2x4 bbls and a 4-speed, that would be really cool.

Actually, I don't think the Tbird bumper looks too bad.
                  Paul
                  Winston-Salem, NC
                  Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                  Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Listed before: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=thunderbird

Craig

Comment

Working...
                    X