Battery box project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery box project

The battery box on my 53' was pretty far gone as you can see from the photo. So I drew up some plans and ad my friend cut one on his plasma cutter. If anyone else is in need of one let me know. I will just need to ask my friend what he would charge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140517_202125_956.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1743934
    Andres Garcia
    Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Sweet....
    Where's the hold down?

(inside joke, eh, BP?)
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

It sure is nice having friends with tools AND the knowledge to use them! Looks great.

Comment

I am curious if one of the repops could be split and enlarged to allow for two Optima batteries could be placed next to one another and still allow for the attaching bolts to pass through the mounting holes in the fenders? What you are doing seems to have an advantage over splitting an original case, enlarging it and then have to move the mounting studs and doing so without having to splice and weld. I have always thought that doing this was a good idea and finally saw someone that had been successful doing it on the box for his six volt Chevrolet, but that gentleman had spliced his original box and it still would require some work to look finished.

Comment

Hallabutt, I am not sure what direction you are trying to increase the box, however if you send me some basic measurements we can probably enlarge the plans and cut a new one so there wont be any splits in it. I just wouldn't know if there is room for it or not. If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can look into it.
          Andres Garcia
          Fairfax, VA - Philadelphia, PA

1953 Studebaker Starliner - Check out this project!

1963 Studebaker GT Hawk - Check out this project!

Comment

Working...
          X