Sound of '33 Rockne before its spring tune-up; video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound of '33 Rockne before its spring tune-up; video

After twenty years of ownership this is the first time I have had to clean acorns out of the carb to prep for a tune-up. My wizard mechanic, Russ Roan has decreed it will get a PerTronix next week. I'll go along with that. The easier it is to start, the greater the probability I will improve my 100 mile per year average. Perhaps even manage to replace the roof insert and tempt fate by participating in some extended excursions.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    Last edited by rockne10; 05-18-2014, 10:18 PM.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

That's a beauty !
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

LOL, Harleys have their sound and so does a Studebaker!Click image for larger version

Name:	emo30.gif
Views:	11
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1690675 They all sound like a Singer Sewing machine no matter how old! ?Beautiful car, I'm sure you're justly proud of the old girl! I hope the new modifications go well for you both.

Wish I knew how to post videos at the 'Tube... Then again... maybe it's a good thing I don't.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	emo3.gif
Views:	83
Size:	1,001 Bytes
ID:	1690677
      Last edited by studeclunker; 05-19-2014, 08:31 AM. Reason: not done running at the... um, fingers.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I am always proud of the fact my '60 Lark has the original (minus floor coverings) interior and my Champ still has its original headliner and padded dash - but the interior of this car puts them both to shame - very nice and have fun driving it - that is where they like to be - two lanes and wind blowing through the windows...

Comment

Working...
        X