1966 Cruiser Headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1966 Cruiser Headliner

I have a rescued 1966 Cruiser that has had the interior re-done. So - a lot of the original panels have been replaced - not poorly, just not original. So - I have removed the rear window to replace the leaking seal, and decided to also replace the headliner properly. My question is: Does anyone have photos, or documentation regarding the body panels/insulation that are used beneath the rear headliner 'wing' space? All I have to go on are two very different parts of whatever was originally used - and the two parts don't make spatial sense. Any help is appreciated. The car isn't garaged, and I would like to seal up the rear window and have the headliner correctly tucked in back there.
    The Cruiser is a 230 L6 GM, with 'flightomatic' that is the late 66 transmission model - not common I am finding. It had been abused by folks that just didn't know how great Studebakers were - even at this late stage of manufacture. Took me a year to get it roadworthy - and darned if it isn't a blast to drive, with solid steering and roadfeel. I paid a high price for it, and then Larry in Sequim, Wa. had that lovely original cruiser with L6 paired to a standard w/ overdrive. Plus transistorized ignition, power steering and brakes. It even had the original rear window louver accessory. All for much less than what I have put into mine. Oh well - that is just how it goes. So - any interior help is appreciated.
    thanks, Fred
Working...
X