PDA

View Full Version : Room for a Canopy?

JRoberts
05-18-2014, 06:12 PM
I am not having my car judged, but I have registered to have it on display. I understand the judged cars and displayed cars will be at two different places. Because the display area is on asphalt rather than grass I would like to put up a canopy where my car will be parked. Will this be possible? I really wish displayed and judged vehicles could be on the same field as has been the case in every other IM I have attended. Being July the asphalt where I have been told the displayed vehicles will be will be mighty hot and rather uncomfortable.

studeguy54
05-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Joe,

The plan for this moment is for all cars, DISPLAY and JUDGED to be on the same field (grass). We are looking into a tent for people to get under the day of the Concours should it be hot. Tents on the field tend to distract from the beautiful Studebakers being displayed there, and I would discourage people from putting them up.

Denny Foust

JRoberts
05-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Joe,

The plan for this moment is for all cars, DISPLAY and JUDGED to be on the same field (grass). We are looking into a tent for people to get under the day of the Concours should it be hot. Tents on the field tend to distract from the beautiful Studebakers being displayed there, and I would discourage people from putting them up.

Denny Foust

I am very glad to hear everybody will be on the grass together. I think that will be much nicer. Glad to hear about this change.