PDA

View Full Version : Packard 400

rockinhawk
05-18-2014, 07:28 AM
We went to Jacksonville Florida yesterday to check out some cars and parts for sale after a club member had passed away.
The only "nice" car for sale was a 66 Commander 4dr, V8 auto. It's pretty and RED with black interior.Priced to sell. If I had a little more money, I would have driven it home.
There are several Nice projects under construction.A good solid 62 GT with Leather seats. Needs some finishing up and paint. Not much more.
A 63 Daytona 2dr Ht with R1 4spd. He was just getting started on that one.
63 Chevy pick-up,primed and ready for paint.

There are LOTS of parts/project cars including 2 Packards. 52&53. Both have straight 8 auto. One is a Packard 400. I never realized how nicely appointed these cars were. What was left of the tapestry interior was impressive. It would take a small fortune to restore, but it sure would be nice. I was told one of the Packards was running and driving just a few short years ago.

All the cars and parts are for sale and reasonably priced.
I picked up a few parts and 3 parts cars. A 60 Lark conv,and 2 Champ trucks.

Anyone interested in any of these should contact Ben Rew.at 904 608 9673. or email at larkskytop@icloud.com

SN-60
05-18-2014, 01:33 PM
I agree, the last of the straight eight Packards, especially the senior models, really were 'The American Rolls Royce'.

rockinhawk
05-18-2014, 04:41 PM
I owned a 56 Patrician for a little while. I thought it was nice untill I saw a 400.