No announcement yet.

ford,mopar rear in a 2r5 ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Axle: ford,mopar rear in a 2r5 ??

I was told that ford and mopar rears have the same pattern as a stude has anyone here done this swap ??

There are a number of us that have done this. The Ford rears that are narrow enough to fit right are so old they are hard to find. Going to Currie or one of the others is the best way to go. If you do find an old rear that will fit they will not center right. Meaning they will be offset in 2 planes. As long as those 2 planes are parallel and perpendicular to each other they will work fine.

Comment

A 2R pickup will not have a Ford/Mopar bolt pattern. The Studebaker cars cars use that pattern. A Chevy pickup has the same bolt pattern as a Studebaker pickup. If you are changing to disc brakes on the front you can get a Ford bolt pattern.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Not same bolt pattern, but my older brother put a 9" Ford rear end under his 49 Stude, 1/2 ton pickup without much trouble at all.

I am pretty sure he installed GM, 6" wide wheels, and 215/75-15 tires. He used 3.50 gears, and it drives out real sweet with the T85 tranny and 289 motor.

Comment

Ford F100's from 57 through early 70's have the same bolt pattern as the Stude truck. 5 on 5".

Comment

But I could also use a gm rear from a chevy truck?

Comment

Working...
            X