Sad sad sad....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad sad sad....

I don't see this one ever getting back on the road, might be a few trim pieces that are still usable....

Sad.

Much better car than the two 53's in the lemon grove a while back, now them were toast.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

That was such a beautiful car once.
      101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

He had it listed a week ago as well. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...and-Craigslist

Craig

Comment

Lots of good parts there. I could use the water pump manifold. Someone living near, could offer scrap price plus a couple of bucks, haul it home and provide parts to put others on the road. At this point, it will take someone with dedication, energy, and time...not so much money.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

At least it has been stored somewhat above the ground. It must have been a real looker! I think the President Coupes are fairly rare.

Comment

I think it will polish up.....
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Taking offers
                is high on the list of my most disliked phrases. First, craigslist is not an auction site. Second, in my experience, 99 times out of 100, this "guess how much I want and I'll tell you if you are right" also connotes unrealistically high expectations. Just put the asking price in there and save everyone a lot of grief.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

Its condition reminds me of '57 Plymouth they buried in Tulsa for 50 years....
                  Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop
                  1962 Champ Truck
                  1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

It's another Presidential! Buy the car, and the seller will throw in a tree stump for free.

Mark L
                    Mark L

Comment

3 speed with OD, nice steering wheel. lotta good parts. This would make a great parts car.

Here's one of the donor cars for my 53.

Last edited by Flashback; 05-16-2014, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Have to agree it would make a nice parts car!!! Plus 3 speed !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                          is high on the list of my most disliked phrases. First, craigslist is not an auction site. Second, in my experience, 99 times out of 100, this "guess how much I want and I'll tell you if you are right" also connotes unrealistically high expectations. Just put the asking price in there and save everyone a lot of grief.

jack vines
                          My favorite is when they say "make me an offer" and "no low ballers" in the same paragraph. Saw that one while looking for a car for my Mom.

Comment

It may not be as bad as it looks, when they sit under a tree like that they'll get filthy but the car underneath might be savable. It doesn't look like there's any rust in the fenders, might be worth closer inspection.

Comment

In this area, there is lot's of rain, lot's of moss, mildew, green slime, etc. Something that sits out like that can look horrible, but actually be in half decent shape under the ick. I'd not write it off as junk without a look...
                              Corley

Comment

Working...
                              X