1950 R-Series Pickup @ Mecum Wednesday: $27,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 R-Series Pickup @ Mecum Wednesday: $27,000

'Must've been the combination of whitewall tires, an oil filter, and overdrive:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0514-182444&entryRow=1300

Pretty truck!

(I wasn't there today and have no idea who bought it.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Nice looking truck. I guess I would pay that much for one that nice if I had the money. It's not likely to happen
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Wrong mirrors, wrong bumper, wrong tail lights, wrong panel below tailgate, wrong interior paint scheme, wrong upholstery, wrong Climatizer color, wrong paint scheme on front bumper.
      If I'm gonna do that to a truck, I would have gone ahead and put in the wrong engine, a V8.
      sigpic
      Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Sounds like the owner needs a vanity plate "wrong." Lol
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Yeah, I didn't comment on all the nits. Some I could live with and some I would change. Still a nice truck, but likely the buyer was not familiar with what is stock and what's not...or didn't care.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Since the amount of money made by the auction company is directly related to how high the vehicles sell for, I would guess unless specifically asked, they are not going to mention items on a vehicle that are not original or correct. A person who is serious about buying said vehicle would hopefully do their homework to know what was correct/incorrect, unless they simply do not care...

Comment

But the ad said........... "correctly restored to a high standard". Pretty truck.
              It is an addiction!

Comment

well, it is a nice looking truck, and not all care about originality. perhaps the buyer just liked it. i do have a problem with the "correctly restored" statement, but the "matching numbers" may have got the buyer all excited. idk...
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

It looked like a nice pickup on TV. Pickups in general, stock and modified, seem to be up in value this year. They seem to be the thing to buy for "celebrities", etc.
                  I guess that you read in the current TW that Chelsea Handler, author and TV personality, bought Ted's 3R5. They both reside in this area.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X