No announcement yet.

C/K front fenders-- fix or replace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: C/K front fenders-- fix or replace?

Both the front fenders of my '53 Starliner are dented and distorted around the headlights. At what point of damage should they be replaced? I don't know what's possible, and I'm not sure there's any body person near me who would know how they should be shaped so as to repair these ones.

If they only have metal damage around the headlights and little or no rust at the rear edge, they should by all means be saved and repaired. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Any damage can be repaired but a couple of pictures might help to show the severity. The most difficult is crushed metal. Distortion is some what easier.

Bob

Comment

You have a big advantage with fenders on the c/k being with the headlamp assembly removed reaching in & reworking the fender is wide open. Makes that portion of body work a pleasure. Cant do that on Lark types!
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

OK, thanks, and I'll try to post some photos. Related question-- does anyone know any body people to recommend within a reasonable distance of Philadelphia, Pa.?

Comment

Originally posted by handworn View Post
            ... know any body people to recommend within a reasonable distance of Philadelphia, Pa.?
            Best bet would be to check with other members of your local SDC Chapter.
            Fortunately, you have several.
            Delmarva Chapter, Keystone Region Chapter and Southern Jersey Chapter. Other experienced Studebaker owners can steer you to local satisfaction and away from local concern.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X