clear seat covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: clear seat covers

Does anyone know of a vender that would make some clear seat covers for my GT Hawk. I may call Rene to see if he would do it

I have found that the color is wearing off my nearly new upholtery. I've driven the car about 15 times since having the upholstery done! I bought he fabric from a national supplier. I plan on calling them and seeing what kind of resolve they offer if any.
    the rose mist color was obviously spayed on!

I'm really not sure what to do, it's quite frustrating is there any type of sealer that would help
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Ahhh, clear plastic seat covers.....that takes me back. Had a 59 Silver Hawk that came from the dealer with them installed. I think they were still on it when I traded it off because they were indestructible. Fingerhut Corporation used to sell them in their mail order catalog (that also dates me) but I doubt if you could find the material anymore even if you could find someone to make them.

Comment

clear plastic/vinyl is still out there they make those awful couch covers.

Comment

I think the brand name is "Fingerhut"
        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

My grandparent's '62 Lark always had a set of clear plastic covers on the seats - with some kind of little triangle shaped bumps all over it. My brother and I would always get a good laugh when we were done riding somewhere because your legs would have those marks on them for a while after.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the plastic seat covers. If I were you I'd be more concerned about trying to get my money back from the upholstery guy that screwed you.

Comment

Originally posted by TXmark View Post
              Does anyone know of a vender that would make some clear seat covers for my GT Hawk. I may call Rene to see if he would do it

I have found that the color is wearing off my nearly new upholtery. I've driven the car about 15 times since having the upholstery done! I bought he fabric from a national supplier. I plan on calling them and seeing what kind of resolve they offer if any.
              the rose mist color was obviously spayed on!

I'm really not sure what to do, it's quite frustrating is there any type of sealer that would help
              Some years ago I had several sets of Studebaker Accessory clear seat covers, but sold them over a period of several years. As I remember, the last set I had was for a '63 Cruiser. All the others were earlier.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I hope it wasn't the national supplier I just bought my rosemist vinyl from. For some reason the vinyl came almost two months after the fabric did. I could not get a reason why.
                sigpic
                '89 Ford Festiva
                '90 Ford F250 4x4
                '18 Kia Soul
                '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

J. C. Whitney still had the clear plastic cover a few years ago. They came in smooth and textured.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

What you need is not clear plastic covers but REAL colored vinyl... now, you know another question to ask when buying such. Btw, some spray-on colors fade so the vinyl cover might not do much for too long, anyway.

Comment

I don't think this "National Supplier" is a "Turning Wheels" Advertiser, so if that is true you could warn us who they are. Many owners will thank you.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X