Studebakers on the 4PM news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers on the 4PM news

After a couple hours of filming... I made 4 minutes of news getting the word out about Studebakers.
    Fran did not mention the Studebaker Drivers Club, the Big 6 River Bend Chapter or the fact that I was just elected to the SDC Board of Directors.. But we got Studebaker a little publicity. I also gave him RockAuto magnets of my car to give to the other on-camera folks & that did not happen either.
    Check the link... I hope it works.

I forgot to mention is was rainy, consequently you see a lot of raindrops on the car... oh well!

Comment

Cool deal! Way to go!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

How close did I come to Eldridge when I was breezin' the interstate on my way back from South Bend in '97?
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That was really neat. I think we should all go out and try to get some air time for our Studebakers on the local news. Maybe the local early morning shows would be interested in doing a piece. How about we all shoot for a "Studebaker on The Air" day and have stories run on the same day all across the country. That might be a fun thing to try and arrange for IDYSD.
          Last edited by Commander Eddie; 05-09-2014, 01:40 PM.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Roscomacaw,
            You drove about 5 miles south of where I live... about 10 miles into the state after crossing the Mississippi River.

Comment

Nice job getting the word out there!
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

A very good show of our fine South Bend Products, good job.

I like the fact that this TV Station took the time to show more footage after the Interview while they were talking, that showed much more than the interview including his Two Trucks even though not mentioned.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Did she say an ELVIS man or Eldridge man?? Nice going Duane but get after those rain drops next time
                  sigpic

Comment

'Way cool, Duane; congratulations and looking good. That is a lot of air time for such a segment.

(Now, about that 160 MPH car sitting in your garage...) BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Way cool. I sometimes watch QC news here. Great publicity.
                      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Way to go Duane! That's a nice piece.
                        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

I was working at our church on "clean-up day", I was informed that part of the segment was also on the noon news on Friday. They must have really liked the cars. I think I will invire Fran to our white elephant auction and picnic this summer. Our Big 6 River Bend Chapter and the Quad City Antique Ford Club do this every year. Perhaps we can get even more coverage... and HOPEFULLY new members.
                          Last night I got a call from a woman in a neighboring town who said her Father-in-law had a Studebaker dealership & also sold Case Tractors (my Dad was a Case dealer in Minnesota). Next week I plan on driving the Avanti to their place & give them a ride.
                          Hopefully I will gain another friendship because of having a Studebaker

Comment

Duane, that is too cool. Nice job. Neat cars, you should be proud, Roly Lusted Hamilton Chapter, president

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                            studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
                            X