Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll take a close look at that window sticker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take a close look at that window sticker...

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

There's one little oddity under the hood that is not period-correct, and has nothing to do with the battery.

Anybody see it? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

....ribbed fan belt?
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
      ....ribbed fan belt?
      'Could be, Bob; I was thinking of something more obvious, though. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

STP decal on the oil filler cap!
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

How 'bout the copper oil lines to the filter?

Chasta White?

Comment

Originally posted by milaca View Post
            stp decal on the oil filler cap!
            Bingo! bp

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
              How 'bout the copper oil lines to the filter?
              I think that could be OK for a dealer or aftermarket installation, Tom. BP

Comment

Bob, I don't remember everything about the 55's, but is the gold covers and air cleaner the right color ?, the engine the right color ?, the plug wires definitely are not correct, is the coil supposed to be mounted up on the firewall ?, I don't recall the cars being body color all over under the hood, and gee, since I'm just guessing, better quit or you and everyone will KNOW I never had a 55 or paid very close attention. It was that big ole' chrome grille that always blinded me and threw me off, Ha !!!

Comment

OOPS, took to long to "oversearch" my reply, ha !

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                    Bob, I don't remember everything about the 55's, but is the gold covers and air cleaner the right color ?, the engine the right color ?, the plug wires definitely are not correct, is the coil supposed to be mounted up on the firewall ?, I don't recall the cars being body color all over under the hood, and gee, since I'm just guessing, better quit or you and everyone will KNOW I never had a 55 or paid very close attention. It was that big ole' chrome grille that always blinded me and threw me off, Ha !!!
                    Passmaster Engine had gold valve covers and gold air cleaner but was not used on the Commander model, it was reserved for the President models in 1955.
                    sigpic
                    55 President Deluxe
                    64 Commander
                    66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

OPPS, you beat me to it Cliff! That and the STP Sticker was my first thought. Of course the Ad has a whole lot of errors like the Window Sticker verifies the Leather interior? And then there is the 185 HP Passmaster 4 Brl. Engine and TWO Speed Automatic mentioned in the Ad.

No Window Sticker, No Leather Interior and No Passmaster Engines in Commanders.

Sellers sure do learn quickly when they get hold of a Studebaker, how to "Brag it up" with BS for a sale don't they.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

How about the extra nut under the wing nut holding the air cleaner to the carb, not stock wrong rod.
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Oh, there are plenty of "un-authentics" about that car, as we've discussed previously.

I just thought the 1963-era STP sticker jumped out first.

Of course, maybe it will also be on that Window Sticker! BP

Comment

Noise suppression spark plug cables!

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                              Commander rocker covers and air cleaner are silver, engine color looks green in the photos but should be blue. I'm pretty sure the coil mounting is correct.

Comment

Working...
                              X