Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modern touch up paint to come reasonably close to Concord Blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Modern touch up paint to come reasonably close to Concord Blue?

My '49 coupe was repainted years ago, but the repaint came very close to the original Concord Blue. It is now chipping off in spots, and I would like to touch it up. I'm looking for a 1/2 pint can or spray--some of the chipped areas are one or two square inches. It doesn't need to be a perfect match since the repaint is close but not an exact match. Tried the FLAPS with no luck. Closest I could find was Ford Deep Wedgewood, but I think it's metallic. I did an archive search here and found nothing. Went online and became very confused. This is by no means a show car. Just want to keep it from getting too much worse, so like in horseshoes and hand grenades, close is good enough when it comes to color match on this one. I suppose I could go to the local body shop for help, but I'm guessing they'd be a bit pricey. Hoping to go CASO here. My other Studebakers are black. Black may be boring, but finding touch up paint to match is so much easier. Thanks for your help.

Don't guess, take the car to a paint supplier jobber and they will spectrum analyze the color and mix you an exact match. They used to be around 50K for this setup, but now, even many body shops have them.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

...what Bez says...... I just computer matched both the exterior (Ermine White) and interior (copper/cinnamon) paints for my '62 wagon. The paint store mixed "exact" matches and made up 7-8 spray cans. You cannot tell the difference......

Comment

Working...
      X