Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Next thing you know, Scotsmans will be in peril!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Next thing you know, Scotsmans will be in peril!

Good Grief :

Let's hope someone sees this "Ambo" (maybe an SDC Forum member? ) and recovers it before some dumb-a** wrecks it or ships it. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 05-07-2014, 05:37 PM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

upping the insurance value on my 4dr Scotsman RIGHT NOW!
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Someone will steal ANYTHING!!!

Comment

Gorgeous car! I'd have stolen it if I'd had a chance! There were a number of these in California wrecking yards a quarter century ago. I even sold some parts off some of them. Those old yards and cars are now L O N G gone.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          Good Grief :

Let's hope someone sees this "Ambo" (maybe an SDC Forum member? ) and recovers it before some dumb-a** wrecks it or ships it. BP
          Is an Ambo-Alert kinda like an Amber-Alert?

Comment

Such a shame! Hope he finds it and gets it back in one piece.
            And the perps caught, tried, and locked up.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

The owner is probably right, some brain dead idiot thought it was a '57 Chevrolet and saw dollar signs in his pea brain. The reality the cars around it were worth way more than the Ambassador in dollars. Next thing will be Hawks which somewhat resemble 55-57 Thunderbirds. I would love to have this car over an AMX or Javelin any day of the week. Hope it gets back to the rightful owner and the perps never see the light of day again from their jail cell.
              Last edited by Mikado282; 05-07-2014, 06:15 PM.

Comment

It's gorgeous, and highly optioned!

Originally posted by Mikado282 View Post
                ... the cars around it were worth way more than the Ambassador in dollars.
                Nevertheless, I could enjoy driving this Ambassador more than the greater preserved AMC muscle.
                Let's hope it is too obvious to flip and someone just decides to park it someplace.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I hope whoever took that gets what's coming to them.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                    I hope whoever took that gets what's coming to them.
                    That's right, Clark; after all, you own a 1963 Standard, so it might be next on the hit list if they don't catch the perps that took this Ambassador! BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Son O Lark View Post
                      Is an Ambo-Alert kinda like an Amber-Alert?
                      Shouldn't that be Rambler-Alert?

Craig
                      Last edited by 8E45E; 05-08-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Did the owner leave the keys in it? Some people will steal anything if it's easy enough.
                        "In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Probably in a shipping container by now. Such a shame.

Comment

When I drove my '67 LeMans every day, I had a pretty fool-proof theft deterrent when I parked in a public place. I raised the hood, pulled the coil wire and put it in my pocket. Took a minute extra, but worth it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

A Nash Ramblassador is a pretty nice ride! As far as anti-theft goes, I always think of that time that Dick Steinkamp came here with a young friend. The three of us went to lunch in my Transtar. During their trip home that day, the youngster opined that the three-onna-tree shifter was a great theft deterrent 'cause no one would know how to drive it!
                              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X