PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on this car .....

Dry Heat Geezer
05-05-2014, 04:33 PM
For a few years now, I've seen photos of this car at various midwest car shows. I've tried to track down the owner but haven't been able to do so. I'm new to this site and hope it's alright to ask questions like this.

The car is a peach colored 51 with silver and gray graphics down the side. It's usually displayed with a drive-in tray on the window and I wonder if anyone on here knows the owner and can put me in touch with him/her.

Bill Junge
Lake Havasu City, AZ

RadioRoy
05-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Nice job of shortening the roof. I've never seen that before, but it looks really good and subtle - the roof looks subtle, that is.

brngarage
05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
What a nice looking "club coupe" from a 2 door sedan!

rockne10
05-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Bill,
Check out the license plate. Depending on the state of registration, you can often inquire of the state DMV online and, for a nominal fee, receive your contact information.

paintim613
05-06-2014, 10:35 AM
By the way, Bill has one of the nicest bullet nose restomods you will ever see.

StudeRich
05-06-2014, 11:49 AM
It appears to have been a 1950 Champion 2 Door Sedan.

Dry Heat Geezer
05-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Rich ..... I'm not sure why you think this is a 50 Champ. It has a 51 grill and one piece rear window and I'm not sure you can tell the difference between a Champ and Commander on the 51 models. I think the dashboards may be the only way to tell if the badging is removed from the outside.

I've wondered about this car from the first time I saw a photo of it. At first I thought it was a business coupe that they added a small window to. Now I believe it is (was) a two door sedan that they shortened the roof on. I want to add a page to my Bullet Nose Paradise website for this car and will do so when I can get some definitive info about it. In the meantime, I'll just post a side view photo of it in the Two Door Sedans section.

Tim ..... Thanks for your kind comment about my car.

Dry Heat Geezer
05-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Interesting thing I just noticed after making the above post and looking at the front end photo. My 51 had Studebaker on one side of the hood and Champion on the other side of the bullet. This car appears to have Champion emblems in front of the fresh air doors and I'm not really sure if that's how the 50's were badged.

Dry Heat Geezer
05-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Bump for the mid-west guys that are off on the weekend.