Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The grand opening of Studebaker of Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The grand opening of Studebaker of Australia.

Chris doing what he does best - Talking about Studebakers. His knowledge of everything Studebaker astounds me!

The Official Opening.

The Wednesday night before the opening - Laying down the sacred emblem. It was interesting seeing how many purposley didn't walk on it ;-)
    Last edited by Aussie Hawk; 05-03-2014, 08:39 PM.
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Matt,well I'll wish you the best on this new adventure.looks like a good turn out and some really nice Studebaker examples as well !
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It was a great day! Not only were there 32 Studebakers present, but about 90 people attended for the opening, including many who are currently working at putting a Stude back on the road.

I was busy in the shop all morning but I am sure many more photos were taken by other members.

We signed up a couple of new members and at least one car changed hands. Studebaker lives!

Chris.

Comment

Very Cool!

Congratulations Matt and Chris. That's the way to rock those Studes!
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Matt,
          Thanks for your posting of of the opening day photos. I trust you & Chris had a good feel from the Stude attendees. Good luck to you both for the future of the business. Jim Q.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
          MELBOURNE.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	353.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1688839Click image for larger version

Name:	366.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1688840Click image for larger version

Name:	359.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1688841Click image for larger version

Name:	356.jpg
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	1688842Click image for larger version

Name:	367.jpg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1688843Click image for larger version

Name:	368.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1688844Click image for larger version

Name:	372.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1688845Click image for larger version

Name:	374.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1688846Click image for larger version

Name:	365.jpg
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1688847Click image for larger version

Name:	357.jpg
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	1688848

Some more photos of the shop. Come and see us next time you are in Brisbane.

STUDEBAKER of AUSTRALIA

Comment

Originally posted by HAWK64 View Post
              Matt,
              Thanks for your posting of of the opening day photos. I trust you & Chris had a good feel from the Stude attendees. Good luck to you both for the future of the business. Jim Q.
              Thanks for the good wishes Jim, and the ones Chris passed them along to me before the opening. It was so busy on Saturday Chris and I haven't had time for a debrief. We did go out for a celebratory dinner on Saturday night but there was a table full so we didn't get to talk then either, so I guess that will happen on Monday. Chris was behind the counter so he will have the best 'feel' for what went on. But friends and family reported back that there were lots of positive comments. We'll add to the non-Stude parts, i.e. car care and maintenance products as we see what people want, and maybe even get some non-Stude people in the door. One of the corner stones of the business is to get more people behind the wheel of a Studebaker, so even importing cars may be on the cards.
              Matt
              Brisbane
              Australia
              sigpic

Comment

All the best boys, Brian is getting parts for my cars from you. Soon, I'll only have the Daytona, the Falcon and 3 Lincolns.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

'only' !! ;-)
                  Matt
                  Brisbane
                  Australia
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, saw this on Face Book, but this explains better.

Comment

Great job Matt & Chris, thanks for inviting me up there, had a terrific weekend and catching up with Steve was a bonus as well.. Don't worry John, you are one of the number one supporters to the new business, keep those cars coming!
                      Brian Greenall
                      Melbourne, OZ
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Hawk View Post

Chris doing what he does best - Talking about Studebakers. His knowledge of everything Studebaker astounds me!

The Official Opening.

The Wednesday night before the opening - Laying down the sacred emblem. It was interesting seeing how many purposley didn't walk on it ;-)
                        Good luck with your new Studebakerv adventure!
                        Walking on the Studebaaker S would be akin to walking on the memorial
                        at the entrance of Westminster.Abby.
                        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Is that delicious Penrite oil in those black containers on the shelf?

Your place looks fantastic, very professional...I wonder how many will ask if Studebaker is making cars again?
                          Andy
                          62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Andy R. View Post
                            Is that delicious Penrite oil in those black containers on the shelf?

Your place looks fantastic, very professional...I wonder how many will ask if Studebaker is making cars again?
                            There's an idea. Pretty soon there will be one or two abandoned automobile plants and a whole lot of unemployed auto assembly plant workers down in OZ. Wonder if Bill Gates would be interested in becoming a semi-retired gentleman Studebaker automobile manufacturer? I'd previously suggested a famous ozzy - Rupert Murdoch - but Matt and Brian were not very enthusiastic about that guy.
                            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird
                            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Wow. Congratulations and kudos for showing the flag. I just left Canada for South Bend, Indiana and back. The border guard got an education on Studebakers (lol). I've seen more territory since joining SDC. If I ever get the chance....I'm coming over to visit.
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X