3/4 ton Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 ton Champ

I'm in a bit of a pickle. There's a 3/4 ton Champ in Bakersfield about 450 miles from me. The trick is getting it home, which at the moment I find no solution for. I don't think the truck is in the condition to flat-tow and don't have a trailer. Hence, I'm looking at the cost of renting a trailer and nine hundred miles round trip. I just can't do this right now.

So, here we have a 3/4 ton 1960 Champ and the owner is willing to transport and or deal to get it off his trailer. He is asking twelve hundred for the truck, likely would take a lot less. Wish I could be the recipient of this truck, but it's not in the cards apparently for me this year. It looks like a very nice truck, though a bit rough.

Here's the link to the Craigslist ad:
    http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/4435661965.html

Here's some pictures:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	00h0h_7mINPeb10u5_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1743308Click image for larger version

Name:	00000_4Jyso2UxKo_600x450.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1743309Click image for larger version

Name:	00Y0Y_4soRqbAs8qC_600x450.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1743310

Having just bought another Champ, I've maxed myself out. Pity is that I really could have used this truck! So perhaps there's someone out there in Studebaker-land who could use a potentially VERY useful Champ for a likely very good price? This fellow says he wants to deal! He wants the truck off his trailer and out of his yard. If anyone wants a parts truck for this I have a decent '62 that could donate things like grille, trim and glass.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Hmm, interesting it has a narrow Bed with a side (Fender) mount Spare with a Tool Box blocking it.
    No Glass, rotting front fenders likely also Floors and Rockers and not running or stopping for $1200.00 or offer, if it were me buying, it would certainly be an OFFER!

I think you said this was a Commander "245" Six 5E11-122 right?
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      Hmm, interesting it has a narrow Bed with a side (Fender) mount Spare with a Tool Box blocking it.
      No Glass, rotting front fenders likely also Floors and Rockers and not running or stopping for $1200.00 or offer, if it were me buying, it would certainly be an OFFER!

I think you said this was a Commander Six 5E11-122 right?

Ah, no Rich I didn't. I have no idea which engine this truck has. I just can't remember what he said in that respect. Yes, I agree this is more likely a five or six hundred dollar truck rather than what he's asking.
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
      X