studebaker wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker wagon

Here's one I've never seen before.Antique ore wagon $3500 (silver city) pic map antiques - by owner

Yeowzer! Studebaker never ceases to amaze me with the diversity of products they produced. This one is certainly a surprise. Let's hope someone who can restore it grabs it.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I have seen pictures of those from old ads, but had no idea any would have survived. Something like that could have been used to haul dirt and rock for road building too.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Perhaps a couple of years ago someone posted here a copy of a Studebaker Wagon catalog with quite a variety of purposed wagons and sleighs, including prices for each. Perhaps Ron or someone else remembers the post and can pull it up.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If there was a need for a Wheeled Vehicle, Studebaker would fill it!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich you are absolutely right! As to the thread with catalogue pages, I don't remember it. Just completed two searches and only found two threads that would come close to this and the pictures of those threads are all expired.

If anyone can find the thread mentioned I would be highly interested in reading it. Studebaker offered hundreds of vehicles built to the buyer's specifications. There is a book seller by the name of Wild Horse Books that has three catalogues (reprints) available. I would think the trade catalogue of 1911 would be the most comprehensive and also informative. By the by, Studebaker also made the harness that went with the vehicles as well.

The Studebaker catalogues are towards the bottom of this list of books:
            horse-drawn, vehicles, wooden, wheels, wagon, wheel, stagecoach, Wells Fargo, stage coach, carts, sleighs, wagons, buggy, sheepwagon, sheepherder, horse, stagecoach, harness, buggies, carriages, hearse, Abbott-Downing, Concord coach, carriage, books, hub, Studebaker, Weber wagon, mail, historical, painting, restoration, civil war, caisson, funeral, sleighs, wheelmaking, wheelwrighting, gypsy,caravan
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Many years ago, I was present when Carrol Studebaker brought a Studebaker Doctor's Buggy from Ohio down to the Tri-State meet in western North Carolina. He had delivered it to David Walker. The buggy now resides in David's restaurant. While every one was gathered around the trailer admiring the buggy, I happened to lift the seat where I knew there was a storage compartment. To my (and everyone else) surprise there was a very thick, and old, paperback catalog. It was a Studebaker catalog of all the various wagons offered in the late 1890's. Besides the farm wagons, there were buggies, carriages, log haulers, street cleaners, gravel haulers, and even some with mechanical dump mechanisms. There were grain haulers, flat beds, and enclosed vehicles like those used for milk deliveries. I don't recall what happened to that book. Next time I see David, I hope to remember to ask him.

That is the only time I have ever seen that type of catalog of horse drawn vehicles. I assume there were many more "back in the day." Wonder if others survive?
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John, to my knowledge, there are about thirty-six or so company's catalogues currently available in reprint. The most elaborate and comprehensive being of course the Studebaker catalogues. Originals are out there and very expensive when one finds them. Personally, I'd rather a reprint as it can be enjoyed without any concerns.
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The wagon listed is a late model Studebaker Dump Wagon. Similar to the one in the attached ad, but a couple years newer (ca 1918-1920). There is a similar wagon in Studebaker museum.

Tom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1003 Dump Wagon 15.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1688786

Comment

Working...
                  X