1st cruise of the year in our '64 convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st cruise of the year in our '64 convertible

It's still not quite warm enough for cruising with the top down but we couldn't wait any longer. I got the car out and cleaned it up so we took it to A+W for some root beer.

A big "thank you" goes out to Radio Roy Yost. He modified our stock AM radio and now we have AM/FM plus an Ipod jack. It is really nice to be able to hear the music when cruising with the top down.

Now if we could just get the temperature to stay above 60 deg F!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2102[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1743306
    Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Daytona Hardtop
    1962 Champ Truck
    1957 Golden Hawk

Neil: I live in West Bloomfield and if you went cruising this weekend with the top down. you are really the MAN, I have a 64 Marshal, we should get together one weekend.

Comment

Lookin' good, Neil; congrats. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Glad you like the new tunes. Thanks for the business. Beautiful car!
        Last edited by RadioRoy; 04-28-2014, 01:34 PM.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

That'll show that Vette Convert owner that he is no longer the Top Dog! Daytona's ROCK!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

We too, had our first cruise in over 3 years in my our 1963 Lark Convertible this weekend. It's nice to have the new drivetrain installed, but I am still working out a few bugs. I even managed to get my girlfriend behind the wheel (it's actually her car), fixed the hesitation for her by changing/moving the accerator pump one hole up on the R1 Carter carburator. She seems pretty impressed by the acceleration, power and braking ablity in her freshly rebuilt car. Next step wait for some warmer weather and start cruising.

Allen
            1964 GT Hawk
            PSMCDR 2014
            Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
            PSMCDR 2013
            Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Hi We had our 64 out last week for a club meeting but It was to cold for a top down , But it was fun driving it Ed

Comment

Ed,

They are a lot of fun to drive. Even when the weather isn't 100%.

Are you going to be at South Bend this weekend? I'll look for you. I'm sure you have something for sale that I need for my hardtop... you always do!
                Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
                1964 Daytona Hardtop
                1962 Champ Truck
                1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Hi I cant make So. Bend as the boat bottom has to get wet this weekend and our Daughter is graduating from Penn State next weekend . The hardtop looks good . Ed

Comment

Our 64 Daytona convertible has been out three times in the past two weeks, twice for servicing and once for a chapter meeting. The top was still up for each occasion though; still a little to cool and windy.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Sorry to state my '64 conv. has been in the garage since '81. The next project (and final) after my '64 GT.
                      Good graces to all of the other '64 convs. out there.
                      Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
                      X