Studebaker Garage-Harrington, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Garage-Harrington, WA

For the past 3 years, Allen Barth (oltrknut here) has put on a car show in conjunction with other spring activities in the historic farming town of Harrington, WA where Allen has turned the town's vintage Ford dealership into The Studebaker Garage.

It was a beautiful day in Harrington. Thanks to Allen, there were plenty of Studebakers in attendance. Some were Allens, but others from customers and members of the local SDC club.

[/url]

John Boyle rolled in from Spokane with his drop dead gorgeous R1 Avanti...

That's John with Allen on the right side of the picture.

Lots of other makes as well...

Allen's building fits right in with the rest of the town...

Thanks for a great day, Allen!

(and Deb is enjoying the apple pie)
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Nice assortment of cars, but what really caught my attention (aside from the AMC Marlin) is the pretty chrome Champ grill on Allen's wall!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I love the way that Garage is in the middle of town! I always pictured in my mind, Allen's Place being out in the sticks, that is beyond Cool!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

One of these years I'll make it to that show. Maybe I'll move in while I'm at it...?
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I had dreams of buying our old Plymouth / DeSoto dealership in downtown Pitman.
          Would make a great Studebaker Dealership!
          Thanks for all the great photos! When's the last time you saw
          a Rambler Marlin! Love the photo of the interior garage with the engine
          hoist and oil stains on the floor!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
            Nice assortment of cars, but what really caught my attention (aside from the AMC Marlin) is the pretty chrome Champ grill on Allen's wall!
            Every where you look in Allen's shop or office is some pretty neat stuff...

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Looks like a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing, Dick.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Dick, nice photos...it was good to meet you and Deb.

It was fun to open the Avanti up on the interstate and back country roads. Overall mileage from my house, a round trip of 140 miles: 14.67 mpg at an average speed of 50-70. I was surprised.

Being in a farm town, you find lots of neat cars and family stories...

I spoke to the owner of the Marlin, he found it locked up in Moses Lake and not wanting to spend too much on it, he had MAACO do a $3000 paint job in the almost correct color. He also left off the factory two-tone on the roof and rear deck. He's not too fond of it, but his wife likes it.
                Another gentleman had three one owner/one family Chryslers there: his dad's 61 New Yorker with every option including factory AC and PW...and a mechanical cruise control setup, along with his dad's 70 New Yorker and his own 70 300.
                A local guy brought his late dad's 58 Ford F250 with a slide-in camper that he also bought in 58, it towed a neat metal speedboat...again bought in 58.
                Another guy had his father-in law's rust free 66 CJ-5 that was lightly used on a farm. Being white, it reminded me of my much loved and missed 77 CJ-5.
                I heard the 70 Plymouth Superbird there is a one owner car...it seems as soon as he could, the owner did a diamond pleat interior and pearl white paint, another local guy brought an all-original 1970 Hemi Challenger.
                The GT40 is a CAV (the successor firm to the original builders) with a correct small block Ford. The original owner upgraded it with exhaust pipes atop the engine that are a work or art and upgraded race-quality suspension. Very authentic car with RHD and right hand shift and "Gurney bubble". A teen hung around it all day. The owner gave him a ride around town...and probably made a life-long "car guy" in the process.

And proving it's always good to be lucky...it rained Friday, and it's raining today. Allen knows how to pick a good car show date.
                If you're within driving distance of eastern Washington, you need to come to Allen's show.
                Last edited by JBOYLE; 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                  Dick, nice photos...it was good to meet you and Deb.
                  Good to meet you too, John. Your Avanti is one of the best I have ever seen. That color is perfect!
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Some great pictures Dick. Looks like it was a fun time. That Marlin sure brought back some memories. The frist job I had as a body man was for a small amc dealer. We had a customer with one of those that was a real pain in the you know what and we just hated to see it show up.

Comment

Working...
                    X