attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachments

Does anyone have any Idea why I can no longer go advanaced or post pictures on the site. Is it my connection or what do I need to do. If I try either it will not load up.

It is working for me, Steve.
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Bob Shaw
    Rush City, Minnesota
    1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
    "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Are you signed in ....if your not signed in you can't post pics.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Mine quit a couple of years ago. Just won't post any more pictures and I've checked my settings.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Dave thats just what mine has done and I cant find anything wrong.

Comment

I notice your title says "attachments". Are you posting pictures from a host, like Photobucket, or trying to attach photos directly from your computer?
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Guys, whenever I've helped members suss out these problems it usually has to do with browsers and Java settings.

Questions:
              - What browser(s) are you using? Are they updated to the latest versions?
              - Is your Java installation up to date?
              - Are you running any ad-blocking software?

Any of these three things can interfere with the software that manages photo uploads here. I'll be happy to walk you through getting it fixed

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

That's probably it, Clark. I'm not happy with Java and have ignored updates. I'll try that. Just to be clear, I try a new post or a reply or quick reply and as soon as I try to attach a picture, it won't complete the upload to SDC. I'm still using MSN's browser. I was using Mozilla Firefox on my old computer, but since upgrading I'm back to MSN. Will try to deal with Java. Thanks.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Dave looks like we have the same thing going on. Mine just all of a sudden stopped working. If I hit the { go advanced at the bottom of any thread or when I try to post a tread ] It just shows the computor is working at it but thats as far as it will go. I've even taken a break and let it do it's own thing for a half hour or so and still nothing.Just goes no where and never gets to the advanced stage. I can post just a reply without any pictures no problem.

Comment

Just a test. I just wanted to make sure I can still post a picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SANY0416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1688733

JK

Comment

3x2stude, not to change the subject but I just noticed how much better looking a 55 Studebaker is than a 57 Chevy.

Comment

I tend to agree, I just wish the 55 was as solid as the bow tie. The 55 is the "C-Body GT" project. Swvalcon, have you solved your posting issue?

JK

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                          Dave looks like we have the same thing going on. Mine just all of a sudden stopped working. If I hit the { go advanced at the bottom of any thread or when I try to post a tread ] It just shows the computor is working at it but thats as far as it will go. I've even taken a break and let it do it's own thing for a half hour or so and still nothing.Just goes no where and never gets to the advanced stage. I can post just a reply without any pictures no problem.
                          Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                          That's probably it, Clark. I'm not happy with Java and have ignored updates. I'll try that. Just to be clear, I try a new post or a reply or quick reply and as soon as I try to attach a picture, it won't complete the upload to SDC. I'm still using MSN's browser. I was using Mozilla Firefox on my old computer, but since upgrading I'm back to MSN. Will try to deal with Java. Thanks.
                          This is definitely a Java problem. You've got to go and get the most recent Java update, as security problems with the old versions have resulted in them being automatically blocked by many browsers.

My suggestion is to go to Control Panel and completely uninstall any old versions of Java that you have, then browse to http://java.com/ and download/install the latest release. This should (I say should!) fix the problem.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I did a system restore and everything looked like it was ok for maybe 2 mins. then it said msn has found a system error and must close and when I got back on line it was messed up just like it was.

Comment

Sorry man, something evil is going on. I think this pretty well indicates that it's a Windows thing, and not a Forum thing.

Do you have antivirus software installed?

Comment

Working...
                              X