Dandy Original-Owner 1961 Lark Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dandy Original-Owner 1961 Lark Experience

Any more, it's becoming increasingly difficult to locate original-owner Studebakers, especially in nice condition.

Thus, it was my pleasure today to visit with Bernie Morris, widow of the late SDCer Tom Morris, to pick up all of Tom's issues of Turning Wheels he had carefully saved through the years. I have no idea what I'll do with them as I already have four "regulars" giving me their copies from month to month...but I didn't want Bernie to toss them, either.

Anyway, she and the children are carefully maintaining and periodically enjoying Tom's bright yellow / black interior 1961 Lark VIII Regal hardtop he bought brand new. It is still in beautiful condition; one of the best you'd ever hope to find. This morning, Bernie allowed me to pull back the car cover in their nice garage and have a peek at it, although I have seen it from time to time through the years. What a sweetheart. (Sorry, 'didn't have my camera with me...) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    (Sorry, 'didn't have my camera with me...[/I]) BP
    Inside back cover, March 2011 TW

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Inside back cover, March 2011 TW Craig
      Thanks, Craig.

I knew it was somewhere on a Turning Wheels cover...but Cari and I are babysitting all day today, 35+miles from home, and I do not have access to any of my library materials...not the least of which are Turning Wheels! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Thanks, Craig.

I knew it was somewhere on a Turning Wheels cover...but Cari and I are babysitting all day today, 35+miles from home, and I do not have access to any of my library materials...not the least of which are Turning Wheels! BP
        Your original post stated that on that day you picked up a set of TW.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          Your original post stated that on that day you picked up a set of TW.
          HA! Good point, Gary; I probably had that issue out in the trunk of the car, but it didn't even occur to me to go out and untie the bundles and try to find it!

Funny. BP

Comment

Working...
          X