Diff on 62 hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff on 62 hawks

I was looking at a 62 Hawk on Ebay and it has 4 bolts on the valve covers and filter up front where mine has 2 bolts on valve covers and filter is on the rear where most modern vehicles are located. where there a lot of options or differences on these?

62 GT Hawk
    84 vette
    31 Ford Pickup

quote:Originally posted by Gordy911

I was looking at a 62 Hawk on Ebay and it has 4 bolts on the valve covers and filter up front where mine has 2 bolts on valve covers and filter is on the rear where most modern vehicles are located. where there a lot of options or differences on these?

62 GT Hawk
    84 vette
    31 Ford Pickup
    If it has four bolts holding each valve cover in place, it is not the car's original engine. It is an early 1960 engine on down. All 1962 Hawks would have had 2-bolt valve covers, as does the Hawk you already have. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

62 GT Hawk
      84 vette
      31 Ford Pickup
      If it has four bolts holding each valve cover in place, it is not the car's original engine. It is an early 1960 engine on down. All 1962 Hawks would have had 2-bolt valve covers, as does the Hawk you already have. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

62 GT Hawk
        84 vette
        31 Ford Pickup
        You have a 'late' '62 and the one on the bay is an 'early' '62.

Jerry Forrester
        Be sure to check out my eBay store

for your shiny Stude stuff
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

62 GT Hawk
          84 vette
          31 Ford Pickup
          You have a 'late' '62 and the one on the bay is an 'early' '62.

Jerry Forrester

Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

62 GT Hawk
            84 vette
            31 Ford Pickup
            Don't pay ayt attention to Bob. His medication has his head all screwed up.

Jerry Forrester

Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

62 GT Hawk
              84 vette
              31 Ford Pickup
              Don't pay ayt attention to Bob. His medication has his head all screwed up.

Jerry Forrester

Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

actually he's right, the switch to the 2-bolt valve covers happened a little earlier than the switch to the full flow blocks.

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                --
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

actually he's right, the switch to the 2-bolt valve covers happened a little earlier than the switch to the full flow blocks.

nate

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    True, Jerry: Check your 1960 Chassis Parts Book for the break to 2-bolts covers early in the 1960 model year. BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate

--
                      55 Commander Starlight
                      True, Jerry: Check your 1960 Chassis Parts Book for the break to 2-bolts covers early in the 1960 model year. BP

Comment

Rockies, correcting Bob Plama is risky, especially when he is right. 1960 was the last year for the four stud covers.(some RHD K models kept the filler tube though)

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
                        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        58 Packard HT
                        56 Golden Hawk
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Rockies, correcting Bob Plama is risky, especially when he is right. 1960 was the last year for the four stud covers.(some RHD K models kept the filler tube though)

JDP/Maryland
                          64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
                          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          58 Packard HT
                          56 Golden Hawk
                          52 Starliner
                          51 Commander
                          39 Coupe express
                          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

The switch to 2 bolts on the valve cover came during 1960.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

The switch to 2 bolts on the valve cover came during 1960.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Working...
                              X