• Show
Clear All

• NOS dash clock 1956 or 1957??

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1743246
    I was preparing to put this NOS clock on Ebay and list it for a 1957 sedan and wagon since the original box has the number AC-2835 imprinted on it. I noted however on the instruction sheet that is included it states 1956 (see image). Some months ago there was a long discussion about these clocks and it seems to me that the conclusion was that the clocks for several years were the same size but differed only in the dial faces and colors. Can anyone say for certain what this particular clock is for? Incidentally if anyone has a need for that instruction sheet I could scan it and save it before I sell the clock.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Hello,

That is a bit strange that you have a 1956 installation instruction sheet, but the clock is most definitely a 1957. I have a 1956 clock somewhere, and if I recall the clock is black faced. How much were you looking to get for it. I would be interested, as I seem to have a fascination with those smaller clocks from 1956-1962.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I just walked out and looked at my 57 President's gages and it fairly well matches them. I was thinking '56 had a cross-hatch design to their gage faces.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]34282[/ATTACH]
        Incidentally if anyone has a need for that instruction sheet I could scan it and save it before I sell the clock.
        Richard, That particular sheet is currently not listed in the "Studebaker Template Collection"...

...so perhaps you could scan it and make it available to Dave Mottle for its inclusion in the collection?
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
          I was thinking '56 had a cross-hatch design to their gage faces.
          That is correct, '56 sedans & wagons have the small squares on the inner face.

Craig

Comment

Bob; Will be glad to do so but I believe Dave Mottle gave up that job a few years ago. Last I heard it was Daniel Smith in Michigan who took over the job but I do not have an email address for him. Note that the site you posted seems to give contradictory information. Can you clear that up?
            Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Bob; Will be glad to do so but I believe Dave Mottle gave up that job a few years ago. Last I heard it was Daniel Smith in Michigan who took over the job but I do not have an email address for him. Note that the site you posted seems to give contradictory information. Can you clear that up?
              I have a call in for Daniel and hope to get clarification on the process for adding templates to the collection.
              sigpic
              Bob Shaw
              Rush City, Minnesota
              1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
              "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Maybe the installation was the same for both years but the Studebaker Corp. was too cheap to print updated instructions??

Comment

I believe the error was made by Borg. In any event the clock is now listed on Ebay for anyone interested:

I have the instruction sheet scanned for who ever it is who is now handling those.
                  Richard Quinn

Comment

Bob Shaw, I just noticed that your car's headlights are blinking!!! A message from the Borg hive??
                    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X