63 GT Hawk and 57 Golden Hawk trunk latches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 GT Hawk and 57 Golden Hawk trunk latches

Are the trunk latches the same for these 2 cars. I havent been able to find new trunk hinges for my golden hawk, so the body shop is just gonna fix the ones I have, but my car has no trunk latch. The only one I can find is for a 63 GT. Thanks for the help.

I have seen lots of hinges around at Stude swap meets, but never had to replace any. I suppose springs could weaken, or they could wear out of bend or something. What is wrong with yours ?

As for latch, if you are talking about the bottom 'U' shaped anchor, pretty sure it would be same. If you are talking about the latch assembly that is inside the trunk itself, my interpretation of SI's catalog, part#1314495, is that 57-58 "all models except Packard Hawk" and 59-64 Hawks are same, so yes it would fit. If you are talking about the part the key slips into, the only difference may be that the 57 has (unsure, but my 56J does) a little cover that slips over the keyhole. Even if so, probably still interchangeable, but, "incorrect", if that matters to you.

Comment

Thank you, Joe. Im will prob buy it today and take it to the body shop.

Comment

Working...
      X