Land Cruiser spindle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Land Cruiser spindle question

Just to be sure before i drop the bucks. I understand the 50 Commander and Land Cruiser have the same suspension. I need to rebuild the king pins I am putting on my 50 champion and can only find rebuild kits for the Commander. These will fit, right? Thanks
    sigpic
    Barn Find
    1950 Champion
    Before I started
    Jim Berry
    Midlothian, TX

The Land Cruiser is actually a sub series of the Commander,the basic suspension pieces would be the same on both.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Are you asking if the Commander king pins will fit a Champion?
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Commander and Champion are two totally different animals and the suspension parts do NOT interchange. Just a year later in 51 they would, but not in 1950.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by doubledaddy View Post
          ...can only find rebuild kits for the Commander. These will fit, right? ...
          Not in 1950.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks folks.I was fairly sure the Land Cruiser was just a model of the Commander. As for fitting, as I posted a few months back, the commander king pins bolt right in to the champion upper and lower arms. Both use the same upper and lower outer pins and line up the same. The only work I had to do was fabricate tie rods as the Commander ends are bigger then the Champion. It's all togather but the king pin bushings on one side need to be rebuilt. I know this would not be a swap of choice under normal conditions but I have the Land Cruiser sitting in the field so I get 11" brakes free. Just the cost of replacing the rear axle seals and rebuilding the wheel cylinders and king pins. Also got a rear stabilizer and a few other parts. Took a lot of time but I work Cheap.
            sigpic
            Barn Find
            1950 Champion
            Before I started
            Jim Berry
            Midlothian, TX

Comment

Working...
            X