Final Prep.... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Final Prep.... ?

My '62 beach wagon was stripped and painted Dupont BC/CC back in November, Ermine White via Ray F's formula/page. Excellent job. Through the winter the finish has had a lot of dirt, some grime and grease, and needs a good cleaning up before all is complete. What is the final process in the exterior finish ? Simple washing ? Wet sand ? Clay ? Compounding ?

As you can see, I know nothing about what needs to be done. Any suggestions for me would be helpful.

Originally posted by jackb View Post
    My '62 beach wagon was stripped and painted Dupont BC/CC back in November, Ermine White via Ray F's formula/page. Excellent job. Through the winter the finish has had a lot of dirt, some grime and grease, and needs a good cleaning up before all is complete. What is the final process in the exterior finish ? Simple washing ? Wet sand ? Clay ? Compounding ?

As you can see, I know nothing about what needs to be done. Any suggestions for me would be helpful.
    Good quality materials and workmanship six months ago? Give it a wash with soap and water, and it should still be good as new.

Comment

Clay bar before you wax it. Makes for a really nice job.

Comment

Working...
      X