PDA

View Full Version : '58 Scotsman 4 Door on eBay

StudeRich
04-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Now THIS is something different! You don't see this everyday. It's actually pretty sharp for a stripper. :ohmy:

Pretty rare to have a Push Button correct '58 Radio AND a Clock in a Scotsman.

All this Car needs is a nice NOS Set of '53-'55 Baby Moons.

http://tinyurl.com/n8fp2ro

33887 Now that's my kinda front Lawn, NO mowing. :!:

nwi-region-rat
04-11-2014, 12:57 AM
yep, saw that today as well, I have a friend in the area, says he has seen it....not a car guy so he really has no opinion. The video and all the pictures are impressive.

8E45E
04-11-2014, 07:43 AM
And a Hamilton car at that, going by the firewall tag and maple leaf emblem on the speaker grille!!

Craig

kmul221
04-11-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't know aqbout he Canadian connection as some one has been mucking with it as is evident by the Chrysler "B"emblem on the deck lid.

8E45E
04-11-2014, 08:14 AM
Pretty rare to have a Push Button correct '58 Radio AND a Clock in a Scotsman.

But the '70's GM knobs got to go!!!

Craig

EssexExport
04-11-2014, 09:08 AM
Well put together overall.

jclary
04-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Well presented sales ad. For anyone living in rather flat country...this could be a fun cruise-in car. Looks to me that someone has already had a great time playing with it and have not "over-invested" or harmed it in the process. Perhaps the crudely fabricated tin heat shield between the exhaust and intake portion of the engine manifold reveal some problems like the proverbial "vapor lock" that plagues engines of the era.

Could be that the owner has had his fun and decided to move on to something else, or become frustrated with some nagging and annoying problems he has failed to solve. Could be a chance to pick up a ton of fun at a CASO price.

studegary
04-11-2014, 02:15 PM
I don't know aqbout he Canadian connection as some one has been mucking with it as is evident by the Chrysler "B"emblem on the deck lid.

It is a Hamilton (Canada) car as Craig indicated from tags. I am going by the Serial Number that indicates that it is one of a low number assembled in Hamilton (Canada).

52-fan
04-11-2014, 03:13 PM

"B" emblem? I looked, but I don't see what you mean. I do see a couple of goofy decals.

57pack
04-11-2014, 08:46 PM
"B" emblem? I looked, but I don't see what you mean. I do see a couple of goofy decals.

It's there, looks like a "SuperBee" decal on the right bottom side of trunk lid. Opposite the shrunken head decal.:eek:

studeclunker
04-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Nice looking car. However, it looks like something one of the Joker's goons would be driving the way the paint is trimmed out. Moons wouldn't help much...

57pack
04-12-2014, 09:57 PM
If anyone looking in here buys this car,
I have a nice 57 President grill available.
Know it's not OEM for a Scotsman but would
look nicer than the Joker's grill.

studeclunker
04-13-2014, 01:18 AM
if anyone looking in here buys this car,
i have a nice 57 president grill available.
Know it's not oem for a scotsman but would
look nicer than the joker's grill.

roflmao!33949

allstateguy
04-14-2014, 10:48 PM
well, it's mine now. so it is going to be living in Phoenix as soon as I can retrieve it. will have to sell the 60 Lark VIII 4-dr to have a place to put it.

dmackenzie
04-14-2014, 10:56 PM
great catch.

jclary
04-14-2014, 11:11 PM
well, it's mine now. so it is going to be living in Phoenix as soon as I can retrieve it. will have to sell the 60 Lark VIII 4-dr to have a place to put it.

Congratulations. Don't be too quick to can that Lark. Especially a V8. They are sometimes easy to walk by, but re-capture your heart when you stop in long enough to get re-acquainted.

I went back to the ebay ad and studied some of the pics of the Scotsman a little closer. Looks like you have some rather easy maintenance to do to get it purring. Those plug wires look to be in horrible shape. Magnifying the pictures show broken insulation. I can't imagine it runs well with those wires. Also, they look too long and the metal wire loom that keeps them neatly in place seems to be missing. Also, I could barely make out what looks to be the overdrive kick-down linkage, but no kick-down switch. If it is good mechanically, some attention to the wiring could fix this little car into a very enjoyable toy. If there is an overdrive, even more fun.:)