Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invitation to the Grand Opening of Studebaker of Australia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation to the Grand Opening of Studebaker of Australia.

So start booking your flights !
    Matt
    Brisbane
    Australia
    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Hello Matt! I went to your blog and learned more about this. Will you be involved in this new business venture or will Chris Skinner be the sole proprietor? I look forward to photos of this event. Wish I could attend....maybe I can when Studebaker of Australia celebrates 10 years in business. Please tell Svenja I say hello.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Hey Milaca, long time no hear ;-)

Both Chris and I are involved in Studebaker of Australia, the shop is located in an unused office in my water treatment factory, about 470 square feet. As well as Stude parts & merchandice we are stocking a range of oils and lubricants, coolants, and general body working gear, bondo kits, rattle cans etc etc. We'll certainly be posting some pics after the opening.

Svenja doesn't work in the business anymore, we now have a full time admin person, she has gone back to college to finish her fashion degree. She is still involved in her Textile Art and last year won the Pacific Section of the WoW Awards (World or Waerable Art) in New Zealand. http://worldofwearableart.com/
      Here's her blog site http://studiosvenja.blogspot.com.au/ She has had two entries accepted for final judging so we'll be heading to Wellington NZ in September. Just a side note - there are usually 4 -5 USA artists there each year.
      Matt
      Brisbane
      Australia
      sigpic

Comment

Good Luck this weekend Matt and Chris. I too wish I could get down that way and I now have it on my bucket list to do sometime. I like to discuss the RHD question I asked you about awhile ago sometime. I can drop you an email on that.
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Good luck with your business venture.
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by avantilover View Post
            Good luck with your business venture.
            Thanks John.
            Matt
            Brisbane
            Australia
            sigpic

Comment

Best of luck, Matt
              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
              Kenmore, Washington
              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
              '69 Pontiac Firebird
              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

The new retail store is shaping up very well. Matt has invested a lot of money in new furnishings and decor, probably more than what most Studebaker dealers would have spent in the '60's. We have used the 1963 Uniform Identity Dealer Program booklet as a guide to color schemes and signage. We even managed to locate some original dealer items......

I would still love to find an original dealer rack for radiator hoses and a similar rack for Studebaker batteries. Anyone have any leads???

My job now is to load it up with every rare and desirable Studebaker part and accessory I can think of!

Chris.

Comment

Way to fly the flag, guys. Proud to see it.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

That's pretty neat stuff. Best of luck. Australia Studebaker owners are lucky to have you in their midst.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Air fares are pretty cheap right now so come on down for the big day, you will get a free lunch!

And we will pick you up from the airport in a RHC Stude!

Chris.

Comment

Include a link in the Studevendors so we can direct Oz inquiries to your door.
                        I had an original Studebaker radiator hose display module with the hose hooks that I got from the Studebaker dealership in Indiana, PA. Stored it for over thirty years and just sold it at Reedsville this past November. Something I would have given you, had I known!

Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Nice of you to think of us....Thanks!

We have an original fan belt rack and a Screw, Nut and Washer rack, plus a set of original wooden letters from a dealer in Colorado that spell Genuine Parts STUDEBAKER Authorised Service.

We also have the big proving ground and factory photos that were sent to dealers in the 1940's.

Would love to find a Studebaker Batteries display stand and one for the radiator hoses.

Chris.

Comment

Congratulations, guys; all the best! BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                            X