Where can I find cheap maybe used parts for my 1949 2R16A truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find cheap maybe used parts for my 1949 2R16A truck

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I am hoping y'all can help me with my Studebaker build. I am 19 and I go to college at McPherson college Kansas and I am majoring in Automotive Restoration. http://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/ Here is the link to the program I am in. I need some help with my 1949 2R16a project. Does anyone know where I can find cheap parts for the truck? One in precise is I need a new Intake, mine has several cracks right next the the exhaust manifold. Any help would be appreciated, or if you have any knowledge of these trucks let me know I want to know.

Thanks guys.

Where can I find cheap maybe used parts for my 1949 2R16A truck

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I am hoping y'all can help me with my Studebaker build. I am 19 and I go to college at McPherson college Kansas and I am majoring in Automotive Restoration. http://www.mcpherson.edu/autorestoration/ Here is the link to the program I am in. I need some help with my 1949 2R16a project. Does anyone know where I can find cheap parts for the truck? One in precise is I need a new Intake, mine has several cracks right next the the exhaust manifold. Any help would be appreciated, or if you have any knowledge of these trucks let me know I want to know.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! The closest and your best bet would be Laverne Ediger 204 E.9th st. Halstead, KS. He has lots of Studebaker stuff, especially truck stuff. He can be reached at three one six eight three zero-two six three four.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Also come over to the Studebaker Truck Talk forum.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/
        jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Luke,
          WELCOME !
          You've chosen a good program at McPherson. The Studebaker National Foundation has, in fact, awarded scholarships at McPherson. You may want to look in to that.
          http://www.studebakernationalfoundation.org/

You are going to need the factory parts catalogs so you can identify by part number and, quite probably, the factory shop manual.
          These are available from many of our fine Studebaker vendors.
          http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Your greatest overall resource is going to be TURNING WHEELS, the monthly publication of the Studebaker Drivers Club. It will provide links to any information you will ever need.

I'm a sucker for a student of auto restoration, especially one with a Studebaker. Send me a private message so I can pay for your membership in the SDC.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

What size is your engine?

Comment

An R16 SHOULD be a Big Six, 245 c.i.d. as used '49 to 1950 Commanders and trucks to 1960 if still original.

Also very close to the same as a 226 c.i.d. earlier Truck or Commander Car Engine.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 04-10-2014, 07:52 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm thinking Luke has the 245,but maybe 226 ?
                Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                What size is your engine?
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes, I have the 245ci engine, I appreciate the help I will definitely give that man in Halstead a call. I am trying to complete this build with quality but also in a budget. I will join the truck forum soon. I am still waiting on my first issue of Turning Wheels, once I get it I will look up the resources it provides. I will also look into the scholarships that the Studebaker national Foundation has. I will give you an email soon, thank you very much for the help.

Comment

Be sure to join in on the truck Farmers forum.....parts there and lots of info .
                    Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I have a N.O.S. intake and exhaust manifold for your engine at $450.00 plus shipping.

Robert Kapteyn
                      studdebaker@mac.com

Comment

Hello hannanlu; Welcome to the wonderful world of Studebaker trucks (and Studebakers in general)!! 2R5 has given you excellent advice about joining in with all the Studebaker truck nuts on STUDEBAKER TRUCK TALK.

If you would like to post me your serial number, model code and data from the metal tags on the driver's foot well wall. Also the code/cab number from the right side of the cowl under the hood, I would be glad to decode this ID information for you. Best wishes.

Frank Drumheller
                        Locust Grove, VA
                        60S-W6
                        M16-52 '48 Studebaker-Boyer fire truck

f60s-w6@hotmail.com

Comment

Go to the truck site http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/ and ask for Vern. He is also in Kansas.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I have a N.O.S. intake/exhaust manifold for $450.00 plus shipping

Robert Kapteyn

studebaker(at)mac.com
                            Last edited by rkapteyn; 04-12-2014, 04:52 AM.

Comment

PM sent. Love to help out

Comment

Working...
                              X