Need Right Rear Wheel Cylinder for 59 4E7 1/2 ton pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Need Right Rear Wheel Cylinder for 59 4E7 1/2 ton pickup

I am in need of a wheel cylinder for my 59 1/2 ton Pickup (WC Part # 684608). The drums are 11 in. Please help if you know of a replacement cylinder or have one to sell. Thanks
    Last edited by comtnbykr; 04-10-2014, 06:53 AM. Reason: Added part #

.....some folks here have parts listed by number....if you can provide that it may be helpful vs. them getting out a parts book and looking for you...

Comment

Sold my '59 1/2t a few years back, but both master and wheel cylinders and kits were available at NAPA for cheap not that long ago. Have you tried there?

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

I can get the kits but not the cylinder, I have a broken cylinder. I guess i should clarify the cylinder is not in their computer listing anymore for that model of pickup. Would you have another model of vehicle/year that used that same wheel brake cylinder?

Comment

You can get a new one from Chuck Collins at www.studebakerparts.com for $89.00. Just type in the part number in his search box and it will take you right to the item. Chuck is in Phoenix.
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Since the kits are available, anyone have a 1/2t wheel cylinder apart to confirm the bore diameter? Someone here is bound to have a spare on the shelf. A hit with the hone and you're good to go.

jack vines
            PackardV8

Comment

They are 7/8/ They are the same as 641848 WILLYS. I have changed the pistons on these to use on a 50 Commander.
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Hey milt is that a willy's part number or a commander number? looking in the Studebaker international parts book I don't see that number. I have tried NAPA for a commander (50) but when I got the cylinder it was shorter than the Pickups cylinder, so I am thinking it will have problems when braking when my drums are already at the max turn now. It was the 7/8's bore which I need but I am worried about the stroke. Any help is still much appreciated. Could NAPA maybe got the wrong number? please inform me of any other solutions.

Also to Gary I have not tried Chuck Collins yet hoping to get another option from NAPA to save some money but I will check with Chuck tomorrow if I don't find any other help, thanks

Comment

Keith, check Your PM box "blue bar upper right corner".
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Keith, I returned Your PM.
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by comtnbykr View Post
                      Hey milt is that a willy's part number or a commander number? looking in the Studebaker international parts book I don't see that number. I have tried NAPA for a commander (50) but when I got the cylinder it was shorter than the Pickups cylinder, so I am thinking it will have problems when braking when my drums are already at the max turn now. It was the 7/8's bore which I need but I am worried about the stroke. Any help is still much appreciated. Could NAPA maybe got the wrong number? please inform me of any other solutions.

Also to Gary I have not tried Chuck Collins yet hoping to get another option from NAPA to save some money but I will check with Chuck tomorrow if I don't find any other help, thanks
                      That is a Willys part number
                      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                      1961 Hawk 4-speed
                      1967 Avanti
                      1961 Lark 2 door
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I would also check out Studebaker International for that part. Ed Reynolds has stocked those in the past.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Go over to the Studebaker Truck Talk forum and ask for help. Most times someone there has one which can be rebuilt. http://www.network54.com/Forum/23885/

jack vines
                          PackardV8

Comment

Joliet Studebaker sells these N.O.S. for $85.00 with free shipping.
                            Reach them at studebaker@mac.com.

Comment

Thanks for the help I am getting one sent from Joe in CT this weekend to rebuild. It sounds like it will be a good fit for my truck's rear wheel. I did check with Chuck and he has these available so if my rebuild isn't successful then I have him as a resource. I will try the Studebaker Truck talk forum to see if they might have any ideas about local access like NAPA or carquest.

Comment

Working...
                              X