AVANTI Dash Pad Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVANTI Dash Pad Question

Has anyone here ever had a Avanti dash pad restored by Just Dashes in Calif.?
    JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

I've never seen an Avanti dash that they might have done, but I have seen their work on a couple of different makes. Their work is nothing less than superb...and priced to match.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

There is an article in Avanti magazine showing photos of an actual Avanti dash being restored in their shop in California.

Best reputation in the business. Plan on spending many hundreds, but getting a dash that looks like it did in 1963.

I wlll see if I can find the issue #.

Comment

I can remember a family member calling me back in the mid-90's worried that $150 might be too much money to pay for an NOS Avanti dash...those were the days.

Comment

I bought one from Studebaker International that I am very happy with. I installed it about 9 months ago. It is a fun project. What ends up happening is that you will want to redo your instuments and the overlays as well so everything looks nice.

Comment

Yes, contact Nick Berger out in Westminster, California. The dash is beautiful!
            Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
            Has anyone here ever had a Avanti dash pad restored by Just Dashes in Calif.?
            JS

Comment

Dash Pads are presently NLA at SIA. As for Just Dashes, 2K, and a 8 to 10 week turn around. The instruments and overlay are already done and waiting. Is Nick a Forum member?
              JS
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Midway through my car's restoration I found a NOS unit (old but not too old...probably from the Avanti II period or perhaps later than that) and had Allen Barth install it. it looks great.
                63 Avanti R1 2788
                1914 Stutz Bearcat
                (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I did the same thing and if I can do, you can do it to.
                  Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                  I bought one from Studebaker International that I am very happy with. I installed it about 9 months ago. It is a fun project. What ends up happening is that you will want to redo your instuments and the overlays as well so everything looks nice.
                  Lou Van Anne
                  62 Champ
                  64 R2 GT Hawk
                  79 Avanti II

Comment

Working...
                  X