Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 63 Avanti seat hold down bolts

Hi All,

I am having an issue with my Avanti driver's seat. The floor is all cracked around the inside rear bolt and the plate with the captured nut (underneath car) is shot. I am going to metal patch and glass in the floor repair. What I do not know if that nut plate is available? I cannot find it in the parts book by picture or number to ask for it that way.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Bill

On the '63 I used to own had the same issue. I took some steel plate about 2" square and riveted them to the flooring on the underside of the body, then drilled and tapped the proper bolt size. It's been years and I don't remember the thickness of the plate...it was either 1/8" or 3/16". A local welding shop simply stamped out the size I wanted for me.

After that the seats never gave me a problem again.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by avantey View Post
      Hi All,

I am having an issue with my Avanti driver's seat. The floor is all cracked around the inside rear bolt and the plate with the captured nut (underneath car) is shot. I am going to metal patch and glass in the floor repair. What I do not know if that nut plate is available? I cannot find it in the parts book by picture or number to ask for it that way.

Any help would be appreciated,
      Bill
      Nostalgic Avanti (800 282-6841 ) had some on E-Bay, or try Myer's Studebaker (740 674-4897).
      Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Working...
      X