Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a resource online or hard copy to look up part numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a resource online or hard copy to look up part numbers?

I have tried to lookup many parts online, but havent had much success. Even the Studebaker sites that I've tried haven't given any results. The guy I am helping has too many parts to be bugging you guys with everyday. I was wondering if there is a publication that contains all Studebaker parts and identifies which vehicle each goes to. Thanks

No such list exists on-line. That would be an undertaking of monstrous proportions! And I might add a waste of time as Studebaker parts books are readily available at reasonable prices.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

The back of the SI catalog lists parts by number and I find this is a good place to start. If the part number is listed you can find it in the catalog to see what the application is.

Comment

The only problem with the S.I. Catalog is that except for any un-inventoried, not yet listed parts, it only contains what is available at S.I. currently but it would be a start for knowing value of a few parts.

If your friend has many older or very rare parts or no longer available Parts which we already know he does, it will take looking up the Body Parts in the appropriate year Body Parts Catalog, and the same for the Chassis Parts.

It should only take 3 or 4 CD's or a bookcase full of Books to find them all, sometimes a daunting task, but the only way.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have an old Neuman&Aultman catalog which also has a part# index in the back. It seems to have many more #s than SI.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket3pilot View Post
            I have tried to lookup many parts online, but havent had much success. Even the Studebaker sites that I've tried haven't given any results. The guy I am helping has too many parts to be bugging you guys with everyday. I was wondering if there is a publication that contains all Studebaker parts and identifies which vehicle each goes to. Thanks
            If you will provide me a list of the parts you want looked up, I'll be more then happy to help. Motive? Might be some things I could use.
            Bo

Comment

That is a very kind offer, Bo!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sent you a private message, Bo. Thank you.

Comment

I do not understand a part of your question.
                  Does the guy that you are helping have many parts that he wants to sell or buy.
                  I wished members of the SDC could built a part number database such as application ,availability ,and notes on what can be modified to fit, service bulletin mentioning etc.
                  Studebaker International may have taken over the card files from Dennis which included many interchanges and info on parts.
                  The Studebaker Archives at the Studebaker Museum in South Bend has a collection of original factory drawing which sometimes lists important info on parts.
                  Anyone wants to tackle this?

Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Actually, there are two websites that have obsolete parts listed online, PartsVoice.com and rearcounter.com.

PartsVoice: Register (it's free), select the make, type the part number, whoever has it is shown.

rearcounter: Sign onto the website and type the part number, no registration is required.

Searching for obsolete parts is free to all, but sadly, no purveyor of Studebaker parts uses either service. But they could.

rearcounter is EZ to use, just type this number and see what happens: C3UZ18495A
                    Last edited by WinM1895; 04-07-2014, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Robert,

this friend has many parts that he sells. He sets up at Reedsville and York, and is thinking about going to South Bend in May. He doesnt use the computer, so I am trying to help him identify his inventory. He has given me much guidance and help and parts for my Golden Hawk project. Just trying to help him in return.

Comment

There is a hard copy, but it is not all in one book. The post war chassis parts books and body parts books are a set about two feet thick.
                        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                        X