Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is front carpet standard for '49 Champion Regal Deluxe trim line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Is front carpet standard for '49 Champion Regal Deluxe trim line?

Did the '49 Champion Regal Deluxe come standard with front rubber floor mat or front carpet? Can anyone direct me to a resource (prefer online, if possible) that outline the standard features of the Champion Regal Deluxe vs. the Deluxe for 1949? Thanks!

Can't remember the source, but I do remember finding out that front carpet was only standard on the 50 regal deluxe, and not my deluxe or the other lower priced model-the 45,000 mile deluxe model I purchased from the original owner originally came with a rubber mat in the front and carpeting in the back! I'd be surprised if the 49 wasn't the same. Dan

Comment

I thought that it would be in the large 1949 brochure, D-66-1-49, but when I looked I did not find the answer.
      I would suggest looking at Fred Fox's feature article on 1949s in TW.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Yes, they were thinking PRACTICAL at Studebaker!
        Why put Carpeting on the front floors that get the most use, only to be muddied, worn, torn and soiled?

Many '47 to '52 Models have that situation.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If I am interpreting the Body Parts Manual correctly, the Regal Deluxe models had carpet front and rear. Deluxe and Custom models rubber mat front and carpet rear. I bought a front mat for my 1950 Deluxe from Studebaker International and it fits perfectly. Then added good quality floor mats for protection. Found a material at Lowes that replicated the rear carpet at a decent price. The edges of the rear carpet are concealed so no custom cutting is needed.

Comment

Working...
          X