PDA

View Full Version : May Swap Meet SB IN. Go Pro GPS

4961Studebaker
04-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Are there plans to drive out at the test Track in May?

If so, would anyone or several attending indulge me by placing an app on your android or iphone at that time.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/kkad0711/Studetesttrack.png (http://s132.photobucket.com/user/kkad0711/media/Studetesttrack.png.html)

Glympse is a handy app I've used time to time and thought with such short notice, someone attending the track could use this and share with many others (all recipent needs is a email or internet connected phone) their position on the testing track for others to watch if they so choose.

Outside of an expensive Go Pro camera and editing time, - it would be fun to see individuals travel around the track, YOU as the App user can allow your speed to be visible, and your position visible for how ever long you choose (within the app) from 15 min up to 4 hours. You essentially send out a text message to all phone numbers or email YOU choose to see your position, The receipent receives a text message with a link, that takes them to a map to "view" your location.

If you feel adventurous and willing to try this out, let me know and I'll PM you any answers.

I'd like to incorporate a video and GPS element at a later date when I can actually go around the track myself.

This sort of thing is in the car racing and vintage racing world, all be it more sophisticated, but I thought this might be a simpler experience to share with anyone - the fun that is Studebaker.

LarkR2Clone
04-04-2014, 07:36 PM
Will try to. Installing the program on my iphone right no.
James Maxey III

rknight89
04-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Kevin...SERIOUSLY...You're way to technical! I'm thinking about going to South Bend in May. I'd mess myself just being able to drive the old proving ground track!!! I'm a dumb guy with a smart phone! I have no idea what you have said in your post, after "drive out at the test track". I'll do whatever you want, if you can walk me through it, if I do go! You've got my contact info if I can help with your idea! :D

4961Studebaker
04-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Great, thanks guys.

Ill get my number to James, and assist you Chris.

Bob Henning
04-05-2014, 05:20 PM
We will not be doing the test track this year. I will ask if we can do it next year. I do not want to wear out our welcome. We will ask especially for the 2017 International to be able to drive on the test track.

Bob Henning