Engine cement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine cement

Has anyone here ever used Moroso ceramic engine coating, aka engine cement? Apparently it is used quite a bit on racing engines.

Terry

Are you talking header paint or the ceramic cement that you fill the water jacket with? The ceramic cement for the water jacket I wouldn't use on anything but a all out race motor. It reinforces the side walls of the cylinders and most racers start it at the line and shut off after the finish line. You do have to run a oil cooler as the oil pulls a lot of the heat that would normally go out with water.

Comment

If all you need is Engine Paint, all you need is DupliColor Ceramic 500 Degree Engine Enamel.

VHT makes the Header and Exhaust Manifold Paint also Ceramic, but Hi-Temp. 1200 Degree.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Studerich -

Ummm...different side of the iron wall..!

dictator -

While I haven't used it, I know people that have...on the street...with no ill effects on the water temperature. Contrary to a previous post, it's like most other sealers on the market...it ruts around in the system until it finds a crack to go into, then does. Many use it to seal the head gasket when they use flat copper gaskets (custom head gaskets). It helps keep the coolant where it needs to be.

While it does go where the water does, it doesn't really "stick" to anything till...like I said, it finds cracks, fissures to go into, then it somewhat hardens to seal the opening.

Mike

P.s. - The instructions -
        Just as you could do, go to the source (the internet a fine palce to look for info..!). Apparently it does coat the water jacket wall to some extent. But as I stated above the people that I know that have used it, have had no temperature problems.

Warning: Ceramic Seal is not compatible with anit-freeze. All anti-freeze Must be removed before using.

One bottle treats up to 6 gallons. HD trucks may require additional bottles.

CAUTION: ALLOW ENGINE TO COOL so radiator cap or top radiator hose can be removed safely.

IRONTITE CERAMIC SEAL
        Warning: Ceramic Seal is not compatible with antifreeze. All antifreeze MUST be removed before using.
        One bottle treats up to 6 gallons. HD trucks may require additional bottles.
        CAUTION: ALLOW ENGINE TO COOL so radiator cap or top radiator hose can be removed safely.
        1. Drain and flush coolant system. (We recommend Industrial-Strength Irontite Thoro Flush.)
        2. If vehicle does not have a radiator cap, remove top radiator hose and fill water and product directly though hose.
        3. Shake Bottle well.
        4. Fill coolant system with clean water and Ceramic Seal.
        5. Ceramic Seal may stain paint and/or chrome surfaces. Wipe any excess from cap and radiator neck.
        6. Replace radiator cap or re-attach radiator hose and tighten hose clamp.
        7. Run vehicle to completely fill system with water, including overflow tank.
        8. Run engine on fast idle for a minimum of 1 hour, or vehicle may be driven up to two days. Then drain completely.
        9. Leave coolant system open and empty for 12 hours minimum to let Ceramic Seal air dry and cure.
        10. After 12 hours, fill with coolant.
        11. We recommend adding Irontite All Weather Seal, along with coolant to prevent further leaks and to lubricate the water pump.
        FOR INDUSTRIAL USE ONLY
        KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
        Caution: Avoid Skin or Eye contact.
        First Aid: Eyes & Skin - Flush for 15 minutes with cool water. Internal ? Take 3-4 glasses of water or milk. Do NOT induce vomiting. Call a physician at once.
        Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 04-04-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

By the title of this thread, I thought perhaps you were referring to a boat anchor.
          sals54

Comment

Working...
          X