Rarest 1960s Studebaker parts book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rarest 1960s Studebaker parts book?

Do any 1963 Studebaker post office Zip-Vans still exist? One of us (or the Studebaker Museum) should buy this book; it has to be one of the rarest Studebaker parts catalogs.

This is not that uncommon. Vendors still have NOS ones.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by handworn View Post
      Do any 1963 Studebaker post office Zip-Vans still exist?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUDEBAKER-C...7c55da&vxp=mtr

Yes, there are several that I am aware of including one in the museum. At least 2 forum members that I am recalling right away have one or more each. Steve
      sigpic

Comment

How about the special supplement to the parts book that covered the "R4", drag racing, "Mr Zip" vans?
        I may be a couple of days early...
        Mike M

Comment

I had one of those until I gave it to a guy with a Zip Van.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

How many would you like (i.e. parts books)?
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              How many would you like (i.e. parts books)?
              How many have you got?

I know you have more Studebaker parts catalogs than I do (2), but I'll betcha I have more FoMoCo parts catalogs than you do.

Comment

I think 'rarest' would apply to the various updates (or 'Change Notice #xx02' as Studebaker called them) to the first issue parts catalogs. There doesn't seem to be as many around, and a few may not be aware of their existence.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                  How many have you got?

I know you have more Studebaker parts catalogs than I do (2), but I'll betcha I have more FoMoCo parts catalogs than you do.
                  You win that one!
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

What is also pretty rare, but not really all that collectable, are the Chassis Parts Catalogs between '59 and '63 before they incorporated them all into the '59 to '64 Catalog. None were ever re-printed.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                      How many have you got?

But I betcha you don't have any Canadian Meteor, Monarch, Frontenac, and Mercury truck parts catalogs!!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        I think 'rarest' would apply to the various updates (or 'Change Notice #xx02' as Studebaker called them) to the first issue parts catalogs. There doesn't seem to be as many around, and a few may not be aware of their existence.

Craig
                        I wasn't aware of them either Craig. Were they totally revised or added sheets to the existing book?
                        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                        64 Zip Van
                        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                          But I betcha you don't have any Canadian Meteor, Monarch, Frontenac, and Mercury truck parts catalogs!!
                          Betcha I do!
                          The only ones of interest to me are the Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited Ford & Mercury Truck Parts Catalogs.

Like this one that I have: May 1953 edition of the 1953 Ford & Mercury Truck Chassis Parts Catalog.

1964/72 Ford Truck Parts Catalog includes parts for 1965/68 assembled in Canada Ford/Mercury trucks, decodes the VIN/Rating Plate codes of 1965's.

1966/68 assembled in Canada Ford/Mercury trucks use the same VIN & Warranty Plate and the codes stamped thereon as US trucks.

Here's a sample 1965 Mercury truck VIN: 4991014L-195001A / Can you decode it?

FTE (ford-trucks.com) Since 11/04/2006, NumberDummy has typed over 52,000 posts, decoded over 1,000 VIN's & Rating/Warranty Plate/Certification Label codes for members.

I've also looked up and found 1,000's of obsolete parts for members. Now you know why I have over 200 1928-2001 Ford truck & car parts catalogs.

And btw: At one time I had over 100 Studebaker & Packard Parts Catalogs, most acquired when purchased dozens of former west coast dealers parts inventories.
                          Last edited by WinM1895; 03-31-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

How do the number of FORD catalogs owned have anything to do with the original post or with a Studebaker specific site ?
                            Other than bragging rights and wheel/rim information ?
                            Certain Chevy catalogs I could understand, but FORD ?
                            This information may be important on a FORD site.
                            I don't remember anyone bragging about how many Studebaker related pieces they have.
                            Offering information from them is common, but bragging, NO.
                            South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Geez Louise, open your peepers and read post 7.

And you may be surprised that in the past when people have asked about FoMoCo info, I was able to give them the answers.

And, I'm speaking of this site, not FTE

Lompoc, reminders in the museum and city park of the event that occurred 8 September 1923.
                              Last edited by WinM1895; 03-31-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X