Studebaker History Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker History Adventure

On Friday May 2nd we will be hosting guided bus tours of some of the sites that tell the history of Studebaker including visits to the site of the Blachsmith Shop, where it all started in 1852, JMS Building built in 1909 and the tallest in S.B. at the time, Administration Building built in 1906 when still building carriages, Tippecanoe Place Clem Studebakers home built in 1889, Carlisle House home of Clem's daughter Anna, Peter Studebakers home built in 1895, Oliver home and factory site and others. We will also do tours of St. Paul's Church which was funded by Clem, City Cemetary the final resting spot for many of the Studebakers and Bldg. 84 built 1923 and built auto bodies for final assembly then view the former Studebaker factory site from the roof. Cost is $5 which will go to the Museum and will include reduced admittance. Tours will start at the Archives Bldg. across from the Museum and will start at 11:00 and 1:30 and go about 2 hours. Seating is limited and reservations can be made at www.Michiana-Chapter-SDC.net and go to the Studebaker Indiana Meet page, at the registration table at the Fairgrounds or email me at tim.janowiak@gmail.com. This is a trial event paid for Visit South Bend Mishawaka and if successful could become a regular event here possibly even having a phase two of some of the many other Historical sites around. There will be some walking and chance of changes. Please try to help us make this a success.

Email sent for two spots!!
    Thanks Tom
    sigpic

Comment

Email sent for two seats Tim.

Stu Chapman

Comment

One for Jerry Kurtz, Thank You

Comment

Great Jerry, If you can let me know what time you want to go I'll pencil you in and you can pay at the Archive Bldg. Please let me know if you need to cancel for any reason being as seating is limited. Thanks, Tim

Comment

Thanks to Mike LePay the website has been updated for the Michiana 2014 Car Show and swap to include information regarding the bus tours May 2nd. Still seats left. Reserve seat on the web site or e-mail me. Thanks, Tim

Comment

Carp its durring one of my last college classes of the year sure sounds fun tho.

Comment

This will be educational. Maybe you can get credits for attending.

Comment

Tour time

I can do whatever time is available. Thank you Jerry KURTZ

Comment

Hey Jerry, Sent you a pm. Thanks

Comment

Am proud to see the "tours" I introduced at the Avanti 30th Anniversary Meet in South Bend have been revived. Its a shame so much has changed since 1993. The Bus tours were the hit of the get together. Of course much more of the original complex was standing then. Dale Dyer was instrumental in expanding the tours from the complex to other notable Studebaker sites and educating us all on the local history. My hats off to you all for keeping Studebaker history alive.
                      John Hull

Comment

If this tour goes inside the Admin Building I expect to see pictures posted within the hour!!!

Thank you.

StudeDave '57
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC