PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker boats

Green53
10-04-2007, 12:40 PM
We have an inquiry from some folks who just found a Studebaker boat. I have seen articles about them in the past but just can't put my finger on it. Anyone have any history on them?
Denny L

dallastx75208
10-04-2007, 08:22 PM
There is one listed on boattrader.com. Located in Fl. That is all I found.

dallastx75208
10-04-2007, 08:22 PM
There is one listed on boattrader.com. Located in Fl. That is all I found.

Chris Pile
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
We've talked about Studebaker boats before on this board, but I can't find a thread to link to.
If I remember right - they have nothing to do with South Bend Studes.

Chris Pile
The Studebaker Special
Midway Chapter SDC

Chris Pile
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
We've talked about Studebaker boats before on this board, but I can't find a thread to link to.
If I remember right - they have nothing to do with South Bend Studes.

Chris Pile
The Studebaker Special
Midway Chapter SDC

BShaw
10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Here';s one previous discussion:
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/sdc_forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3925&SearchTerms=Studebaker+boat

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
Woodbury, Minnesota

BShaw
10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Here';s one previous discussion:
http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/sdc_forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3925&SearchTerms=Studebaker+boat

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
Woodbury, Minnesota

bondobilly
10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
IIRC there was a discussion about them and somebody posted a photo of one showing what one would think was the rear window of C/K being used as a windshield. It was not uncommon for Studebaker to sell parts to makers of other things. The elevator trim tab on all Piper Cherokee and some Commanche aircraft were from Studebaker. They were mounted overhead between the two front seats.

bondobilly
10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
IIRC there was a discussion about them and somebody posted a photo of one showing what one would think was the rear window of C/K being used as a windshield. It was not uncommon for Studebaker to sell parts to makers of other things. The elevator trim tab on all Piper Cherokee and some Commanche aircraft were from Studebaker. They were mounted overhead between the two front seats.

StudeRich
10-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Bill; do you mean THE CONTROLS for the elevator trim tabs, were in the cabin? Because the trim tabs are on the elevator part of the tail!

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

StudeRich
10-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Bill; do you mean THE CONTROLS for the elevator trim tabs, were in the cabin? Because the trim tabs are on the elevator part of the tail!

StudeRich
Studebakers Northwest
Ferndale, WA

1961HAWK
10-05-2007, 06:14 AM
when my Hawk was new grandpa had a boat he hauled around with it. it had the backglass of Hawk for a windshield also had tail fins, it was red so he had it painted to match the hawk. all his boys talk about it. the boys were out in it on lake michigan skiing and swamped it and it sank. as far as anyone knows it is still there. i wish someone would have got a picture of them together.

Erin Hays
"From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
RZRECTD
1961 Hawk
1962 Lark
1963 Wagonaire

1961HAWK
10-05-2007, 06:14 AM
when my Hawk was new grandpa had a boat he hauled around with it. it had the backglass of Hawk for a windshield also had tail fins, it was red so he had it painted to match the hawk. all his boys talk about it. the boys were out in it on lake michigan skiing and swamped it and it sank. as far as anyone knows it is still there. i wish someone would have got a picture of them together.

Erin Hays
"From Stuck and Rusty to Slick steel and sex appeal"
RZRECTD
1961 Hawk
1962 Lark
1963 Wagonaire

bondobilly
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Bill; do you mean THE CONTROLS for the elevator trim tabs, were in the cabin?

Ofcourse inside, :) I thought I said it was overhead between the two front seats.

bondobilly
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Bill; do you mean THE CONTROLS for the elevator trim tabs, were in the cabin?

Ofcourse inside, :) I thought I said it was overhead between the two front seats.

Green53
10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys. I have passed the info on to the boat owner. Their boat is fiberglass. I also told them to get on this forum to see what is out there.
Denny L

Green53
10-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys. I have passed the info on to the boat owner. Their boat is fiberglass. I also told them to get on this forum to see what is out there.
Denny L

markw
10-18-2007, 04:54 PM
My dad owned a studebaker boat. I have it now. It is sitting behind the garage at the rear of my property where it has been for years. Looks a little grungy but is all there. Constructed completely of aluminum and appears to have been manufactured in 1950's. If anyone wants more details about the boat I will give it a closer inspection. If anyone knows of a source for info I would like to hear about it. Always wondered if it was manufactured by the same corporation as the automobiles. Thanks.

markw
10-18-2007, 04:54 PM
My dad owned a studebaker boat. I have it now. It is sitting behind the garage at the rear of my property where it has been for years. Looks a little grungy but is all there. Constructed completely of aluminum and appears to have been manufactured in 1950's. If anyone wants more details about the boat I will give it a closer inspection. If anyone knows of a source for info I would like to hear about it. Always wondered if it was manufactured by the same corporation as the automobiles. Thanks.