No announcement yet.

Took the 52 out for its first showing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the 52 out for its first showing.

The local car club had its swap meet and car show this weekend. My brother and I had planned to take a load of non Studebaker parts to sell on Saturday. We went by the show grounds on Friday to check out our spot and several people asked me about my 52 and wanted me to bring it over. Since it was only a few hundred yards from the house to the fair grounds I took it over and parked it with my brothers truck. I got lots of positive comments and we got leads on some parts and cars and found a possible new member who has just gotten his 2R pickup drivable.

We had one other member with a swap space and someone we didn't know showed a slightly modified GT Hawk.

We sold a little stuff and, unlike last year when it poured all day, the weather was great. Overall a good day.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Sounds like you will have a summer of fun with the '52
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Yeah, if I ever get a tag for it. The DMV here wouldn't process my application until I have a copy of the official power of attorney from Lenard's son. If the meet hadn't been within sight of my house I wouldn't have risked taking the car out. I have everything else I need to get the title transferred and a new tag.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Gosh Howard, I certainly hope that works out for you!

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        Yeah, if I ever get a tag for it. The DMV here wouldn't process my application until I have a copy of the official power of attorney from Lenard's son. If the meet hadn't been within sight of my house I wouldn't have risked taking the car out. I have everything else I need to get the title transferred and a new tag.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
        X